Post-Cut Guards (1 Viewer)

I'm thinking at this point we are too far down the river. Anyone that gets cut will have 1 pre-season game and maybe 10 practices.

While I won't argue that our lines looks bad, not sure getting an OL now is a fix. Without knowing cap implications, I'm not sure who we could trade and what the OL in return would cost.

I am surprised we have never given Vasquez a look. I think he is still available.

Sean Payton said last night everyone on that Off. Line had their hands dirty in that horrendous performance. Lelito, Peat, & Strief really stood out and it was not a pretty site from any of those three. I seen some some bad Off. Lines in the NFL before, But I think what we have watched from this bunch is the worst I have ever seen.

Drew Brees should be in Loomis's office right now on his knees begging for a new contract for the amount of whatever Loomis will give him, as he want make it through half the season healthy with this bunch. He was very lucky he did not get hurt serious last night when he got decked from behind.

This Off. Line is getting manhandled ever which way. Just think how they going to perform when regular season starts and these Defenses start scheming and pulling out all stops. They going against basic Vanilla Defenses right now. They can not run block or Pass protect.

Watching Payton's presser last night, He was hiding a lot of what he actually was thinking, But you could tell he knows he has a major problem on his hands and not going to win many games with this group of Off. Lineman.

Also it appeared Payton finally came to the conclusion that B. Coleman is not worth a roster spot. He has proven he has suspect hands and plays lazy.

I'm not sure there are enough threads about the OL on this board right now. [/sarcasm]

So you think someone else's trash will be a significant improvement?

well YEAH, our starting Guards are trash, so someone has good guards they will have to cut, like we have good CB and S we might cut if not for cutting Keenan Lewis and sunsuri or others at cut down, yeah there are teams loaded at Guard

Sean Payton said last night everyone on that Off. Line had their hands dirty in that horrendous performance. Lelito, Peat, & Strief really stood out and it was not a pretty site from any of those three. I seen some some bad Off. Lines in the NFL before, But I think what we have watched from this bunch is the worst I have ever seen.

Drew Brees should be in Loomis's office right now on his knees begging for a new contract for the amount of whatever Loomis will give him, as he want make it through half the season healthy with this bunch. He was very lucky he did not get hurt serious last night when he got decked from behind.

This Off. Line is getting manhandled ever which way. Just think how they going to perform when regular season starts and these Defenses start scheming and pulling out all stops. They going against basic Vanilla Defenses right now. They can not run block or Pass protect.

Watching Payton's presser last night, He was hiding a lot of what he actually was thinking, But you could tell he knows he has a major problem on his hands and not going to win many games with this group of Off. Lineman.

Also it appeared Payton finally came to the conclusion that B. Coleman is not worth a roster spot. He has proven he has suspect hands and plays lazy.

That part sounds like projection. All I could see was he was not pleased.

yea much needed help in pass protection and run blocking. if we don't get better its going to be one of those 0-4 starts again.

It would be better than the trash we currently have I would easily bet there is a guard who gets cut that's better than Lelito.

Trash? C'mon man. I respect these guys - even the ones that I think aren't good enough. Remember they (and their families) read this board.

The OL play is unacceptable period. We can sugar coat it, hope for the best, expect and pray for a turn around....but the FACT is they aren't good. They are great people so NO disrespect there....but it's time for a change. I know this has been debated and discussed before but once again I'll question the strength and conditioning of our team versus talent. I see other teams lines look HUGE compared to ours....and when we get bull rushed like we're children that isn't all bad technique....some of that is lack of strength. When your as big as Peat and you get manhandled....that folks isn't just technique every time.

Maybe ol' msra-toed Carl would do better than any of the current guards on the roster

A trade needs to happen ASAP !

A trade? No thanks, we are down picks already and they should have value given we are staring at our 4th losing season in 5.

Loomis' chickens have come home to roost.

I'd rather scrounge the waiver wire and practice squads. Among the 100 or so guards that will be cut, I can promise the top 3-4 are better than our top 3-4.
Peat is politically untouchable until next year, so that's one wasted roster spot were down this year and Lelito flashes enough to stay. The rest of our roster should be filled from the scrap heap.

Didn't Dallas say a few months ago they wanted a 2nd rd pick for Leary? That's pretty steep.. Even a 3rd is steep. A 4th is probably the max I'd consider

So you think someone else's trash will be a significant improvement?

dont some teams cut decent players that they know wont make the 53 as they are loaded to give them a chance elsewhere to catch on sometimes?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom