Post-Football Political Career for Brees? "Maybe" (1 Viewer)

Brees is better than anyone in our current government, democratic or republican.

whereas clicking on that page and seeing drew and el gordo on the same page makes me throw up in my mouth a little bit (that's right i'm bringing it back), he'd be the only republican or conservative independent i'd ever consider voting for
- and i can't conceive of the progressive i'd pick over him - weird

"I can play football for quite a while longer"

that's all i saw

As much as I adore the man and might agree with him, I hope he never gets into politics. Everyone I've ever liked who got into it ended-up being a huge disappointment, and I don't want to go down that road with someone I regard as a hero. To watch the transformation he'd inevitably undergo would be incredibly depressing.

Now.. getting even more involved with non-profit work or civic involvement or local causes? Heck yes! But the idea of hearing, "I'm Drew Brees, and I approve of this message" coming from my TV? Ick.

As much as I adore the man and might agree with him, I hope he never gets into politics. Everyone I've ever liked who got into it ended-up being a huge disappointment, and I don't want to go down that road with someone I regard as a hero. To watch the transformation he'd inevitably undergo would be incredibly depressing.

Now.. getting even more involved with non-profit work or civic involvement or local causes? Heck yes! But the idea of hearing, "I'm Drew Brees, and I approve of this message" coming from my TV? Ick.

#1 I don't think you'd hear too many corny election commercials with Brees. All he'd have to do is want the job and he'd get it. He might be one of the most influential personalities in the history of New Orleans and/or Louisiana. He would win anything in this state by a land slide.

#2 I have no doubt that if he took the job he would have the best interest of the people behind his decisions. He has never come across a selfish person to me. Always making personal sacrifices for the people around him. This is the type of person you want to intrust with political power.

#3 Drew Brees is a smart, confident leader. He could handle the snakes he'd be surrounded by. He has instant credibility, and his life's work leaves his work ethic and moral ethics unquestioned.

I understand you don't want to lose a hero to politics, but think of how much good he could do for us after his playing days are over. This would be a great win for New Orleans and/or the State of Louisiana.

He had indicated he would have been a politician if football didn't pan out. I recall reading something about him possibly going to Brown instead of Purdue.

I thought Drew already held a political office in New Orleans:

NFL_2010_ca63.jpg

It's good to be the king.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom