Post game is where you will notice Drew Brees leadership (1 Viewer)

Cajun Chat

Super Forum Fanatic
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
He will take the blame for his poor play.

I'm confident with him at the helm we will come back next week.

He didn't play very poorly IMO...

Bush made a couple huge mistakes, the defense was bad, and Stecker tipped the ball for a TD INT...

Brees wasn't good maybe, but he was probably our best player not named Colston today... The whole team stunk...

We'll see it more next week when we wipe up the Bucs...

i would give him a 5/10. that 2nd int/td was awful. the thing that bothered me was that when the Ravens would blitz a bunch of players, he looked sort of jumpy and then rushed his throws even when they didnt get through. but he did take a pounding, especially after getting off scott-free most of the season.

1 of Brees' INTs goes to Stecker and the other 2 are because we were behind 20+.

dont forget to throw campbell in for poor play:)

i would give him a 5/10. that 2nd int/td was awful. the thing that bothered me was that when the Ravens would blitz a bunch of players, he looked sort of jumpy and then rushed his throws even when they didnt get through. but he did take a pounding, especially after getting off scott-free most of the season.

On that one you can blame Jammal Brown who proceeded to block no one on the play and allow Terrell Sugg (I think) to come free and force Brees to throw it to avoid the safety.

Every team has its "dark night of the soul". How you handle adversity is a mark of success in the NFL. That's why you invest in players like Brees who are able to look adversity in the face and move forward.

The Falcons had their "dark night of the soul", dug deep and have won a couple of straight. Now is the Saints opportunity...and it is an opportunity.

The point Cajun makes is a good one. Brees, despite all the other mistakes, will take this loss on his shoulders and show that quiet leadership that I believe will serve this team well as we move thru the season.

He didn't play poorly. He cost us 7 whole pts. So that puts us at 28-22.

If that call to have Reggie throw the pass isn't made, and Drew leads us, then we win, 29-22.

The guy had 383 yards and 3 TDs. 3 Ints where 1 was not his fault.

I would not call that "poor" play.

I think some f the burden for todays loss can go to the offensive line. and I think not having conwell int he blocking scheme had an effect as well...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom