Post-Goodell-2nd-round-pick-stealing mock draft (2 Viewers)

treeduck

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
This is the scenario: Jordan, Mingo, Ansah, Fisher, Moore, Jones, Lotulelei et al are all of the board. The Saints consequently trade down with the Bears to spot 20, sending our 4th round pick to them and getting a 2nd round pick (#50) in return and we have a 4th round compensatory pick in hand.

1 Alec Ogletree, ILB, Georgia
2 Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State
3 Bacarri Rambo, S, Georgia
4 Chase Thomas, OLB, Stanford
5 Kwame Geathers, DT, Georgia
6 Michael Williams, TE, Alabama
7 Mario Benevides, OC, Louisville

This is the scenario: Jordan, Mingo, Ansah, Fisher, Moore, Jones, Lotulelei et al are all of the board. The Saints consequently trade down with the Bears to spot 20, sending our 4th round pick to them and getting a 2nd round pick (#50) in return and we have a 4th round compensatory pick in hand.

Chase Thomas won't be there, replace him with Jackson jeffcoat Brandon Jenkins or Michael Buchanan and that is a rediculously great draft if we can get a decent lt in FA

Chase Thomas won't be there, replace him with Jackson jeffcoat Brandon Jenkins or Michael Buchanan and that is a rediculously great draft if we can get a decent lt in FA

Jeffcoat went back to school.
Jenkins will probably be gone.
Thomas had a bad week at Senior Bowl. Either GBNReport or Walter said he was a 4th-5th round pick.
To me Buchanan is a 6th-7th rounder.

We need an OT bad, we kinda have to draft one.

I was just engineering a draft board tonight and I am seeing some names on here that are similar to mine. Great minds think alike...except...Ogletree? And I don't expect Rhodes to be there in the 2nd

I was just engineering a draft board tonight and I am seeing some names on here that are similar to mine. Great minds think alike...except...Ogletree? And I don't expect Rhodes to be there in the 2nd
If Jarvis Jones drops (in this scenario) we'll take him instead of his team mate Ogletree. :hihi:

This would be a very good draft for us. I'm not crazy about Ogletree in the first, but i'd love to get Rhodes in the second. Overall would be happy with this.

If Jarvis Jones drops (in this scenario) we'll take him instead of his team mate Ogletree. :hihi:

And I wouldn't blame you sir! I'm still kinda amazed at this draft cause I have seriously 2-3 names on there in my own as well that I manufactured last night. Ill post it today. But let me say this about Rhodes, I believe people will be hyped up on him (as they should) because he resembles the big and physical CBs over in Seattle. This is why I think he won't slip out the 1st, especially with a good combine. The guy is a solid player and as I will note in my draft later: I wouldn't mind slipping later into the 1st in the mid 20's range to target him or even Trufant!

Ogletree is 7th on Kipers big board, and is a true playmaker. I think it's a solid pick at 15. An amazing pick if we can fall back a few spots get him and a extra pick. Not sold on Hawthorn as a ILB in a 3-4.

Ogletree wont occur. That would give us 4 starting MLBs and Hawthorne and Lofton arent going anywhere.

I would be shocked if Rhodes was available in the secand.

I really like the Rambo pick.

In the first 2 rounds, we are drafting a tackle. Likely with the first.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

NO way we take an ILB in the 1st, our D needs pass rush and coverage , and safeties have been found in every round, but pass rushers are found early

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom