Post pics of your catch/bag (1 Viewer)

Brennan77

Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
The damming off of the MRGO has done wonders to the bass fishing that way. I grew up fishing the Bayou Bienvenue area and could count on one hand the amount of nice sized bass I caught in 20 or so years there. I've only been twice in the last 6 months, but caught at least 25 each trip, with quite a few reds and a few specks mixed in.
Yep. I went again this morning. I've been going out in my kayak so I have very limited range. I imagine going in a bass boat would really produce results.

Attachments

lforet2002

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Here's some more Tennessee trout from the Caney Fork River.. I just bought a kayak last weekend but these fish were caught wading. They had two generators going and the sluice was open so too dangerous for a kayak.

and this is my new kayak...

lforet2002

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Caught my first walleye. Not a big one but had this fish on my bucket list and scratched it off this weekend. Also got into a few hybrid on Percy Priest lake in Nashville.. Those hybrid hit like a freight train, kinda reminds me of the way redfish fight.

Brennan77

Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
From weekend before last, south of Lake Decade. We had to work for them, catching a few here and there. But it was not a boring day and we finished with a nice fish fry at the house.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Brennan77

Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Some days you go fishing. And some days you go catching. We had our limit of bass and headed in before 10am.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Brennan77

Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Striped bass? What'd you catch him on? I caught a hybrid striped bass trip before last.

lforet2002

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Striped bass? What'd you catch him on? I caught a hybrid striped bass trip before last.
Deep diving cranks, specifically a Berkley flicker shad. And actually those are white bass. The white bass are on fire right now, very few stripes are biting in this heat. I did catch 1 small stripe but most of the big ones are way deep where you would need to fish em with downriggers..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom