Post pics of your catch/bag (1 Viewer)

lforet2002

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Justin West benefit bass fishing tourney. Justin was injured in a automobile accident and was paralyzed from the waist down..Competition was tough. 88 boats. We fell short of the 3 fish limit but managed to get 2 fish that weighed right at 6lbs. We caught a lot of fish but most were either too short or not the right species. Tons of white bass and hybrids, 3 sauger including a huge 20 incher, a crappie and a few yellow bass. 14lbs won it and I think, if I remember correctly, big fish was 7lbs. Had a great time. I didn't know Justin but hope that my small part in this tourney helped a fellow fisherman out.

Brennan77

Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Had a good run on Saturday. We ran across lake decade in the freezing temps. It was very slow all morning, only yielding a couple of redfish and a bass among 3 of us. As of 2:30, I had caught zero fish. We decided to try a couple of reliable holes and found bait fish popping in the back of a cove. I threw a watermelon red swimming fluke with a single underneath flash/spinner and went to work. I guess we caught 10 reds and 5 bass within an hour. We threw back the bigger bass.

The best part was we got my BIL hooked up a few times. He had not been fishing in some 7 years. Good stuff.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

lforet2002

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Got into some slab crappie on Percy Priest lake yesterday. Limited out .. Caught em on a crappie magnet slab curly with a 1/8 oz double cross jig head and the color was blue w/ chartruese tail. Weather up here in Tennessee has been crazy and finally caught a break and plum wore em out. They sure will fry up nicely today..

Last edited:

Maxp

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Slab of a trigger there!
Triggerfish is one of my favorite tasting offshore fish. Too bad the limit is one fish now.

Brennan77

Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Knocked it out in Shell Beach this morning. I started fishing around 7:30 and limited on reds by 9:00. I was throwing back bull reds. It was damned near getting hooked up on every cast. I would have targeted bass a bit more but my small ice chest couldn't fit the reds and was struggling to keep them cool.

Brennan77

Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Also, you haven't lived as a fisherman until you've caught a bull red in a kayak.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)