Post Saints Undrafted Free-Agent Signings Here (2 Viewers)

One LB? So we rolling into the season with Davis, Roberson, Anzalone (off IR 2nd time), Alonzo(off IR 3rd time), Anthony (from starter to STr) a rookie who will have to transition and some cement shoes UDFA. Geesh. I hope we are not done...

Yes.
Davis-Stud
AA-Stud
Baun-Rookie very highly sought after
Elliss- 2nd year guy the coaches love.
Robertson- Vet backup, great team guy.
Alonzo- Wildcard.

Meanwhile, we typically only play two LBs in the field at a time.

Don’t try and Debbie Downer us.....I’ll go with Sean and Mickey on this one.

One LB? So we rolling into the season with Davis, Roberson, Anzalone (off IR 2nd time), Alonzo(off IR 3rd time), Anthony (from starter to STr) a rookie who will have to transition and some cement shoes UDFA. Geesh. I hope we are not done...
1. Demario Davis
2. Alex Anzalone
3. Kiko Alonso
4. Zack Baun
5. Kaden Elliss
6. Craig Robertson
7. Chase Hansen
8. Joe Bachie

We need more? I think only the top 5 will make the roster.

Yes.
Davis-Stud
AA-Stud
Baun-Rookie very highly sought after
Elliss- 2nd year guy the coaches love.
Robertson- Vet backup, great team guy.
Alonzo- Wildcard.

Meanwhile, we typically only play two LBs in the field at a time.

Don’t try and Debbie Downer us.....I’ll go with Sean and Mickey on this one.
Anzalone has been available all 16 games one season of the three he's been here. When healthy (only one season) he only got 47% of the snaps. Klein got all the other snaps...
Alonso is coming off an ACL, his third in a 7 yr career.
Karen Elliss as a rookie played one snap last season, one. So not good enough to take snaps from any other backer on the entire roster last season.
Craig Robertson - great leader, not a starting LB.
Chase Hansen released, signed, released, signed... You get the point.
Zack Baun is a prospect at ILB but how many snaps has he taken as a LB in a 4-3 system? Zero.
Joe Bachie - he's a camp body.
So we have one starting Lb and a couple of injury prone backers plus a few camp bodies, projects and wishes.
After Davis the LB strength is about as soft as Debbie, Little Debbie. We have got to make a move. Losing Klein hurt, hurt bad.

Anzalone has been available all 16 games one season of the three he's been here. When healthy (only one season) he only got 47% of the snaps. Klein got all the other snaps...
Karen Elliss as a rookie played one snap last season, one. So not good enough to take snaps from any other backer on the entire roster last season.
Zack Baun is a prospect at ILB but how many snaps has he taken as a LB in a 4-3 system? Zero.
So we have one starting Lb and a couple of injury prone backers plus a few camp bodies, projects and wishes.
After Davis the LB strength is about as soft as Debbie, Little Debbie. We have got to make a move. Losing Klein hurt, hurt bad.
So what would change that by signing another UDFA LB? Maybe they are not done and are looking at the available veteran FA LBs.

So what would change that by signing another UDFA LB? Maybe they are not done and are looking at the available veteran FA LBs.
I posted in the wrong thread. But you are correct another UDFA body is just that a body. No we need a proven FA LBr or we need to trade for one.

We play with 2 LBs. You don't think Anzalone, Alonso, Baun, and Elliss are enough to fill one spot? I'm not understanding this logic. How many LBs do we need? Lol

We play with 2 LBs. You don't think Anzalone, Alonso, Baun, and Elliss are enough to fill one spot? I'm not understanding this logic. How many LBs do we need? Lol
Its clearly not a numbers game. Its about avaliability and quality. Outside of Davis there isn't a single LBr who either has consistently been available or has taken quality snaps to be the number two. Hope I'm worried for nothing but your 2nd best LB from last season in terms of snaps tckls sacks ints is playing for Buffalo.

Last edited:
BTW, it is is
Gus Cumberlander
Defensive lineman, Oregon (6-7, 256)

The OP has "Cumberland."

---

Played hurt 2nd half of the year. Hassie Dubois had 0 drops and over 1k yards. Played best against the best teams. Still hasn't been picked up.

Its clearly not a numbers game. Its about avaliability and quality. Outside of Davis there isn't a single LBr who either has consistently been available or has taken quality snaps to be the number two. Hope I'm worried for nothing but your 2nd best LB from last season in terms of snaps tckls sacks ints is playing for Buffalo.

We actually use 1 LB sets a lot and go with 6 DBs. We haven't made adding talent at LB a serious priority in the Dennis Allen era. It's not a position of focus in our current scheme so we've done our best to load up DBs and DLs.

Baun was likely drafted to add pass rush while he gets up to speed and we see what else we can get out of him. He comes advertised as being very good in coverage as well, so the vision is likely for him to eventually replace and possibly upgrade Klein. This pick gives me the same feeling as stealing CGJ in the 4th last year.

We actually use 1 LB sets a lot and go with 6 DBs. We haven't made adding talent at LB a serious priority in the Dennis Allen era. It's not a position of focus in our current scheme so we've done our best to load up DBs and DLs.

Baun was likely drafted to add pass rush while he gets up to speed and we see what else we can get out of him. He comes advertised as being very good in coverage as well, so the vision is likely for him to eventually replace and possibly upgrade Klein. This pick gives me the same feeling as stealing CGJ in the 4th last year.
Agree 100%. I believe we have a top 5 LB unit for 4-3 teams. I find it hard to believe that Anzalone, Alonso, and Elliss are all injured together again this season.

WILL Davis
MIKE Anzalone / Alonso
SAM Baun / Elliss

Agree 100%. I believe we have a top 5 LB unit for 4-3 teams. I find it hard to believe that Anzalone, Alonso, and Elliss are all injured together again this season.

WILL Davis
MIKE Anzalone / Alonso
SAM Baun / Elliss

I don’t think we do. At all. Hope to be proven wrong. We literally have one proven uninjured lb that is a stud.
The rest is a mystery as of now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom