Post Superbowl Saints Mock Draft (1 Viewer)

WhoDat?DrewDat

Jimmy Graham #1 Fan
Reaction score
Hey saints fans! Now that the superbowl is over, its Draft Time!!!!
1.) Dion Jordan DE/OLB Oregon
104025040_display_image.jpg

Dion Jordan possesses a rare blend of size and athleticism. At 6-feet-7-inches tall, Jordan moves like a safety. He has fluid hips in coverage and excellent explosion off the line of scrimmage. Oregon frequently called upon Jordan to cover tight ends and slot wide receivers one on one. Jordan's quickness and straight line speed will allow him to matchup with the athletic tight ends NFL teams are utilizing.

As a pass rusher, Jordan has plenty of room to grow, but few players in this class rush the edge like he does. Jordan gets incredible bend around the edge, showing the flexibility to maintain his speed and get after the quarterback. Jordan also has tremendous length for a pass rusher, which he combines with an explosive first step off the line off scrimmage to consistently beat tackles. Jordan also has great closing speed both when getting after the quarterback and chasing down ball carriers in the open field.
Comparison: Aldon Smith
Dion Jordan 2012 Highlights

3.) Menelik Watson OT FSU
epn0ph.jpg

Watson is by far my favorite OT beyond the first round, at 6-feet-7 320 he is a complete monster physically. Six years ago he did not even know what football was, as he was born in England and came to the US to play college basketball. He has only played 20 games his entire football career, and received all ACC Honorable mention in his first year playing D1 football. His potential is huge, due to how quick and physcial he is. Watch this tape vs Miami he completely dominated. With our coaching staff he could become special.
Menelik Watson vs Miami (2012) - YouTube
FSU - GT 2012 ACC Championship Game - YouTube

4.) Brandon Williams NT Missouri Southern
4an7e1lyi85v4e3o.jpg

Williams was a consistent pass-rusher over the last three seasons. He totaled 25.5 sacks over that time. Williams had 68 tackles, 16.5 tackles for a loss, 8.5 sacks and five forced fumbles this year. He totaled eight sacks and 35 tackles in 2011. Williams recorded nine sacks and 17 tackles for a loss as a sophomore. He helped himself by performing well at the Senior Bowl.

5.) Darius Clay CB Mississippi State
hi-res-156005165_display_image.jpg

While Johnthan Banks has received the majority of the attention, Slay had a strong senior season and is a solid prospect in his own right. He had five interceptions, 40 tackles and six passes broken up this year. Slay has some man-coverage ability. He had 24 tackles, an interception and four passes defensed in 2011.
Darius Slay vs. Auburn / Alabama (2012) - YouTube

6.) Joe Kruger DE Utah
130102151206-kruger-p1-single-image-cut.jpg

Joe Kruger brother of Ravens Linebacker Paul Kruger, has the idea size for a powerful 3-4 DE. He is dominant at the PoA making him a great run defender, he also has surprising burst for his size, and a powerful bull rush using those to lead Utah in sacks with six. Alot of that was because the countless 1v1s he matched up against due to Despite missing two game from a high ankle sprain he collected 30tkls, 8tfl, 2FF, 1INT, and a blocked kick.
Joe Kruger vs BYU (2012) - YouTube

7.) Ray Ray Armstrong S Miami
RayRay-Armstrong.jpg

Once considered the top saftey prospect this bonehead was suspened 4 games in 2011 then "left" the miami and transfered to a NAIA school. Only then to find out he is inelgiable to play. He has all the physcial tools to dominate (6-4, 220), hes just immature. The potential is there so its worth taking a flyer on in

Not a bad draft at all! My only gripe, and it is not really a gripe, is that I think Brandon Williams will be gone before the fourth rounder. Right now, he's a solid third rounder and I would not be surprised to see him taken in the late second. That said, of course if he made it to the fourth, he would make total sense for us. I would target him in the third with our pick.

Not a bad draft at all! My only gripe, and it is not really a gripe, is that I think Brandon Williams will be gone before the fourth rounder. Right now, he's a solid third rounder and I would not be surprised to see him taken in the late second. That said, of course if he made it to the fourth, he would make total sense for us. I would target him in the third with our pick.

Damn avg 8-9 sacks a season as a DT?! Dude seems like a beast! I would grab this guy in the 3rd if he is there.

I notice the 49ers have like 14 picks! :aargh:

I wouldn't be surprised if Saints grab Kwame Geathers, NT, Georgia if he's on board in the 3rd

Love the picks. Have really been interested in Menelik Watson. His draft value is undetermined right now, but I think middle of the third is probably right for him, though someone else may look at his athleticism/size combo and take him earlier.

There's a better chance Williams will b gone by the time our pick comes n he, Jenkins n Hankins r the only NTs I'd wanna draft. I say we re-sign Franklin n let he n Bunkley rotate. Also I'd rather Chris Faulk at OT. Very hopefull we'll grab Jordan. I was in favor of Richardson b4 the 3-4 switch n we still could get him prolly

3.) Menelik Watson OT FSU
epn0ph.jpg

Watson is by far my favorite OT beyond the first round, at 6-feet-7 320 he is a complete monster physically. Six years ago he did not even know what football was, as he was born in England and came to the US to play college basketball. He has only played 20 games his entire football career, and received all ACC Honorable mention in his first year playing D1 football. His potential is huge, due to how quick and physcial he is. Watch this tape vs Miami he completely dominated. With our coaching staff he could become special.
Menelik Watson vs Miami (2012) - YouTube
FSU - GT 2012 ACC Championship Game - YouTube

I'd not heard of this guy. I really like his movement skills.

Kyle Long is another guy who'd be worth a long look in the 3rd.

Damn avg 8-9 sacks a season as a DT?! Dude seems like a beast! I would grab this guy in the 3rd if he is there.

Is this a criticism? I am confused. I saw the neg rep (which may have nothing to do with you) but I was not putting down the pick. Brandon Williams is a guy I have had us taking in my own mock and a player definitely on my wish. I was only remarking that I do not know if he will last until the fourth round as he has ben moving up the draft board.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom