Post your favourite draft prospect. (1 Viewer)

Slim K

Suggestions?
Reaction score
Who is your favourite prospect, and why?

What I am talking about is a player who will have the most value, draft position to impact on the field.

My favourite prospect is Eddie Royal, WR, VT.

This is based on Meachem not panning out, and we have seen no evidence he will.

Eddie Royal will provide that burst of speed our WR corps needs. With a possesion receiver in Colston we need a WR who, when he sees open field, can outrun most defenders for some much needed YAC. The only fault I have with him is he is only 5-10, but we have all seen the talent of Welker and Smith.

I believe he could be had in the 3rd round.

And I don't want anyone to read this and say we don't need offense. You NEED an upgrade on both side of the ball every year otherwise you will find you are predictable, very predictable.

I also wouldn't mind Jacob Tamme with a 2nd day pick. Our TEs, while they have shone at times, are inconsistent. Both being UFAs too.

Last edited:
Sperry TE Colorodo St. Can be had in the 6th and will be a starter.

Dan Conner - Penn St.
Jacob Hester - LSU (I'd love to see his flexibliity in the NFL, very much like Alstott)

Martin Rucker TE Missouri - 3rd Round, i think this kid really has what it takes to open up the middle of the field as well as giving brees another option in the red zone. he'll also help to free up some space to allow our wr's to get open more often. he may have to bulk up some more for the running game (248 lbs.) but purely as a receiving te, he gives brees a player in the mold of antonio gates (i'm not sayin he's gonna be as good) who, in time, could put pro-bowl type numbers...

Attachments

• ncf_g_rucker_180.jpg
    ncf_g_rucker_180.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 292
I have my eye on two guys that will both be there in the second round. It just depends on what happens with our first round pick. If for some reason Glenn Dorsey or Sedrick Ellis fall to us then I would like us to take a look at this guy for our LB corp.

Erin Henderson [LB] Maryland: Ht: 6-3/ Wt: 245/ 40: 4.67
A very versatile linebacker who has 1st round talent but hasn't exactly established a position (he can play either inside or outside) but is a good athlete and will adjust well in the NFL... Projection: 2nd Round

Or if the more likely thing happens in the first and we go LB or DB I would like us to pick this young man up to help us on the DLine.

Patrick Sims [DT] Auburn: Ht: 6-3/ Wt: 310/ 40: 5.00
Dominating at times, and inconsistent at other times, but aren't a lot of big lineman like this? He's really talented and could of been a first round pick if he stayed and he still might be... Projection: Early-Mid 2nd round

Last edited:

.[/QUOTE]

Give it a rest already, ok ok, we are all mad he didnt play last year...but it wasnt because he didnt have the talent or the skill, its because he had the injury.......and payton thought enough of the recievers we already had, that Meach could sit this out and learn the offense and the all 3-4 reciever spots.

The same reason we didnt see Meachem on the field this year is the same reason we didnt see any lineup changes all year......Coaches decision!!

Give it a rest already, ok ok, we are all mad he didnt play last year...but it wasnt because he didnt have the talent or the skill, its because he had the injury.......and payton thought enough of the recievers we already had, that Meach could sit this out and learn the offense and the all 3-4 reciever spots

The same reason we didnt see Meachem on the field this year is the same reason we didnt see any lineup changes all year......Coaches decision!!

Seriously, noone came out and said there was an injury, and if there was can you link me to some proof? I'm not saying he can not play, but there is no proof he can. It's a 50/50 shot with him. We both don't know the full story behind Meachem. But I'm just talking off of what I've seen and haven't.

Last edited:
Seriously, noone came out and said there was an injury, and if there was can you link me to some proof? I'm not saying he can not play, but there is no proof he can. It's a 50/50 shot with him. We both don't know the full story behind Meachem. But I'm just talking off of what I've seen and haven't.
http://www.saintsreport.com/forums/showpost.php?p=792236&postcount=5

My favourite prospect is Dominique Rodgers Cromartie, CB, Tennessee State.
He was going to be a steal in the second, but after a great senior bowl he won't be.
Also, if anyone doubts his ability to put up a good 40 time and vertical, he is his athletic conference's champion at sprinting, high jump and long jump. He runs a 4.31 and has been working to get it down. I honestly think he could run under 4.3.

Another I would love to see do well is Josh Johnson, QB for San Diego. His school doesn't offer scholarships, so he was a walk on at a tiny program. He has really been great. He is timed at a 4.75, but if you saw him you'd say 4.4. He makes plays all over the field, and has the rare ability to throw a perfect bomb while running full speed.
A team is going to find their franchise QB by taking a chance on him in the 3rd or 4th.

:covri:

I have Cromartie & Lofton both tied as my fav prospect.....How long has it been since the Saints have had a shutdown corner?! I honestly feel like that's what he is and will become in the NFL.

Lofton just has a motor that never stops and he is always around the big play......

Dan Conner - Penn St.
Jacob Hester - LSU (I'd love to see his flexibliity in the NFL, very much like Alstott)

I think Hester will still be around in the third and I think he will be a steal for someone. I could definitely see the Saints picking him up as an insurance policy should Deuce not come back full strength. At this time, I don't feel the Saints have the bruising up-the-middle type of running back and I think Hester would be a good pickup.

If Hester's still there in the 4th it's a complete no brainer.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom