post your golf handicap (1 Viewer)

Jonesy77

Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I actually don't know mine. But I kept a fairly accurate score the last time I played (past Saturday) and I shot exactly 100, but skipped the last 2 holes (both par 4s). Yes, I am terrible.

At 16 years old I was a scratch golfer.

Now at 24 I bet I could shoot a 93.

what exactly is the handicap??

i play TW on my ps3 and they list the handicap for each hole on the scorecard.....the numbers vary so greatly, i can't figure out what they mean

I don't have one right now. It has been a while since I have played a round, but I am getting into it again and have been going to the driving range. My lowest handicap was an 11.

what exactly is the handicap??

i play TW on my ps3 and they list the handicap for each hole on the scorecard.....the numbers vary so greatly, i can't figure out what they mean

The hole handicap is different from the player's handicap. On a golf course the holes are ranked 1 (hardest) - 18 (easiest). The player's handicap is his average number of strokes above par = i.e a 7 handicap averages 7 over par for 18 holes.

I'm about a 35 :covri:

The hole handicap is different from the player's handicap. On a golf course the holes are ranked 1 (hardest) - 18 (easiest). The player's handicap is his average number of strokes above par = i.e a 7 handicap averages 7 over par for 18 holes.

i see....

so for TW08, i am about a -15 ;)

I signed up for a golf tournament at a law conference about a month ago. In the space they left for "handicap" I put "yes"

happy_l.jpg

Just a couple of clarifications here...

Actually, the hole handicaps don't directly relate to the hardest vs. easiest holes. They are the holes where there is a greater discrepancy between a scratch player's (0 handicap) ability and a bogey golfer's (18 handicap) ability. In other words, extra strokes are given in a match where they are most likely needed.

A handicap index measures a player's scoring potential, rather than just being an average. Secondly, it is calculated off the course rating and slope (a measure of the difficulty of the course) rather than simply vs. par.

To measure potential, rather than just an average, it is calculated on the best 10 rounds out of your last 20. Ideally, a players plays to his/her handicap or better about 20% of the time.

The lowest my handicap ever got was 10.1 a couple of years ago, and after spending a summer in a cast, I haven't gotten it that low again. After moving last year, and not playing much, and now playing on Bermuda again instead of bent grass, it is currently 13.5. But I have big plans to bring it down again this year.

Last edited:
You probably meant a +15. ;)

(A handicap index "below" 0 is shown as a "+" handicap. Meaning when you play, you have to give strokes to the course in order to make it fair.)

i see.....thanks for the clarification.....

if only i could play real golf a fraction of how well i can play on the ps3

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom