Post your ticket stubs (1 Viewer)

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Concerts, games, events - did you keep your stubs? Show us what you got.

Here's one from Thanksgiving Day 1987. I didn't have tickets to this show but was at a Thanksgiving party with my parents and there were some college kids there (children of the party hosts) who had an extra. What a totally random way to see one of the best tours of the decade

26dd7ebd913a9ff6f33b9d334e1bca6b.jpg

Concerts, games, events - did you keep your stubs? Show us what you got.

Here's one from Thanksgiving Day 1987. I didn't have tickets to this show but was at a Thanksgiving party with my parents and there were some college kids there (children of the party hosts) who had an extra. What a totally random way to see one of the best tours of the decade

26dd7ebd913a9ff6f33b9d334e1bca6b.jpg

I was at that show. Stayed at the Embassy Suites with this amazingly hot yet certifiably insane brunette, her equally insane and not so hot friend who drove and one of my LSU buddies. It remains the only time I believe I've ever stayed the night in BR. As I recall, we saw them in Austin the day before or a couple days later.

I'll see if I can find that stub. Small world.

I had a collection of 100+ ticket stubs from Boston's last show with their original lineup in June 1979 which cost me $7.70 to the 7 different Jimmy Buffett shows up until 2000. Can't find them anywhere :mad:

Camping out to get good tix is a thing of the past. We got front row center for Black Sabbath in 1981, Third row for Scorpions in 1984. Did the same for many other including Springsteen (3rd row) 1980 for The River tour, AC/DC, Judas Priest, UFO. We saw Cheap Trick, Van Halen, Kiss, Rolling Stones, The Cars, Journey, Foreigner, Aerosmith, Triumph, Elton John, Moody Blues, Nugent, Rush, Blackfoot, Deep Purple, Def Leppard, Blue Oyster Cult, Styx, REO Speedwagon (pre-Hi Infidelity) Joan Jett. Damn, the list goes on... I remember tripping on acid at the Robin Trower/Frank Marino & Mahogany Rush show, and seeing the notes tumble out of the speakers like a waterfall :)

Then there were the small venue shows at University of Maryland and other colleges which were typically general admission and for which there was no seating. Siouxsie and the Banshees, The Damned, Psychedelic Furs, Rootboy Slim, The Lords of the New Church, Billy Idol, The Hooters, Kix, and later the Georgia Satellites. For a couple years I think we went to 2-3 shows a month between College Park and the old Capital Centre.

I never saw The Who, or U2. We decided to take a road trip the weekend a little-known band was playing Richie Coliseum and U of Md. in 1981. That band was U2 :covri:. We had tix for Led Zeppelin, but then John Bonham had to go and die.

Later it was the Progressive/Alt/Goth bands like Peter Murphy, Bauhaus, House of Love, The Cure, The Cult, Godfathers, Sisters of Mercy, The Chameleons..

Good times :)

I had a collection of 100+ ticket stubs from Boston's last show with their original lineup in June 1979 which cost me $7.70 to the 7 different Jimmy Buffett shows up until 2000. Can't find them anywhere :mad:

Camping out to get good tix is a thing of the past. We got front row center for Black Sabbath in 1981, Third row for Scorpions in 1984. Did the same for many other including Springsteen (3rd row) 1980 for The River tour, AC/DC, Judas Priest, UFO. We saw Cheap Trick, Van Halen, Kiss, Rolling Stones, The Cars, Journey, Foreigner, Aerosmith, Triumph, Elton John, Moody Blues, Nugent, Rush, Blackfoot, Deep Purple, Def Leppard, Blue Oyster Cult, Styx, REO Speedwagon (pre-Hi Infidelity) Joan Jett. Damn, the list goes on... I remember tripping on acid at the Robin Trower/Frank Marino & Mahogany Rush show, and seeing the notes tumble out of the speakers like a waterfall :)

Then there were the small venue shows at University of Maryland and other colleges which were typically general admission and for which there was no seating. Siouxsie and the Banshees, The Damned, Psychedelic Furs, Rootboy Slim, The Lords of the New Church, Billy Idol, The Hooters, Kix, and later the Georgia Satellites. For a couple years I think we went to 2-3 shows a month between College Park and the old Capital Centre.

I never saw The Who, or U2. We decided to take a road trip the weekend a little-known band was playing Richie Coliseum and U of Md. in 1981. That band was U2 :covri:. We had tix for Led Zeppelin, but then John Bonham had to go and die.

Later it was the Progressive/Alt/Goth bands like Peter Murphy, Bauhaus, House of Love, The Cure, The Cult, Godfathers, Sisters of Mercy, The Chameleons..

Good times :)

I have a bunch of them somewhere, but couldn't find the motherlode. I found some old signed REM tickets with autographs on the back, but my dec 7th, 1981 Stones in the dome tickets and hundreds of others have proven elusive so far. This thread has inspired me. I'm going to find them and have them collaged and framed.

Attachments

• 20170124_231843.jpg
    20170124_231843.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 6
Ticket stubs-- you had to go there. Keep mine in a box, have been doing it for years. Of course, I'm missing a bunch from when I was a kid. Here's a few key concerts with locations: B-52s on Lundi Gras 1982 at The Warehouse, The Cold's "final" concert 1982 on the SS President, Echo and the Bunnymen on the boat as well, REM in their prime at Tulane in 1984, Beastie Boys on their License to Ill tour, and KISS in the dome during the reunion tour in 1996. Note the row and location-- 7th row, ground/floor. At one point, Gene Simmons was on a hydraulic platform right above me.

Attachments

• scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 8
LSU Sugar Bowl National Championship, 2004.

Attachments

• scan0002.jpg
    scan0002.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 6
Key/old sports events (can't find my 1978 San Diego Clippers vs. New Orleans Jazz stub, dammit.) : Saints 1st playoff win in 2000; Saints 1st game against the Ravens (in Baltimore, 1996 at the old Memorial Stadium);an old Breakers game ticket; 1st New Orleans Zephyrs home game at UNO in 1993; and on the top, the piece de resistance-- my ticket to the 1978 Muhammad Ali- Leon Spinks rematch in the dome...

Attachments

• scan0003.jpg
    scan0003.jpg
    265.8 KB · Views: 7
Key/old sports events (can't find my 1978 San Diego Clippers vs. New Orleans Jazz stub, dammit.) : Saints 1st playoff win in 2000; Saints 1st game against the Ravens (in Baltimore, 1996 at the old Memorial Stadium);an old Breakers game ticket; 1st New Orleans Zephyrs home game at UNO in 1993; and on the top, the piece de resistance-- my ticket to the 1978 Muhammad Ali- Leon Spinks rematch in the dome...

I was at that Saints/Ravens game in 1996. I ran into an old college roommate and my cousin, both of whom were Saints fans and neither of whom I'd seen in 15 years 😊

I have a bunch of them somewhere, but couldn't find the motherlode. I found some old signed REM tickets with autographs on the back, but my dec 7th, 1981 Stones in the dome tickets and hundreds of others have proven elusive so far. This thread has inspired me. I'm going to find them and have them collaged and framed.

1985 REM tour - wow, that's cool. That must have been the Fables tour.

I had a ticket to the Green tour but I was sick as a dog. Saw them years later on a hits tour, right before Bill Berry retired.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom