Post your unpopular opinions in this thread (1 Viewer)

So if you're an alcoholic and you don't drink, you shouldn't be trusted. Riiiight! :9:

Calm your britches. It's a figure of speech. Here is the quote i was thinking of:

“Son, never trust a man who doesn’t drink because he’s probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They’re the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They’re usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they’re a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can’t trust a man who’s afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It’s damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he’s heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl.”- James Crumley

In other words, don't trust someone who takes themselves too seriously.

LOL, you are right about the independent clauses, that first sentence seemed dependent, until I reread it. But, again, it's not that serious.:hihi:

serious+business.jpg

Speaking of politics, there should be a standardized test to take before joining a party. Once answered and scored, you would be sent to the appropriate party to sign up. Also, there should be a new party added called "center". This is where all the moderates go. Too many times, one will call them selves a duck, but not quack and have no feathers. (not literally...you know what I mean)

Ooh....even better. How about we do away with parties all together. New qualifications, too. 1. No one earning over 60k/yr can be elected to any office. I think this will help ensure the frugality of the elected. 2. Each state will only have one representative and one senator. This removes at least half of the salaries they are currently taking up. 3. Bills must not include riders of any sort. Each item must stand on it's own or not stand at all.

In fact, why not create a 20 year degree plan that trains you in all things necessary to be President? Then we'd have our definitive pool to choose from. All with appropriate training and understanding of every aspect of the job. Everything from diplomacy and economics to handwriting and manners.

I really think I have something going here! I guess it's not really an unpopular thought per se, but I couldn't stop myself.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom