(Posted with Andrus' Permission) - Super Bowl Champion Chris Reis' New Book and NOLA Booking Signing 12/15 (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Join Super Bowl Champion Chris Reis & his father Mike Reis for the NOLA launch of their new book this Saturday at Octavia Books.

With every book purchase, Chris will autograph another item besides your copy of the book.

RECOVERY OF A LIFETIME
12/15/2012 4:00 pm

Octavia Books http://www.octaviabooks.com/<WBR>event/chris-reis-mike-reis-<WBR>recovery-lifetime.

Also, online ordering for the book is available at www.RecoveryofaLifetime.com<WBR><WBR>

Please join us for a booksigning with Chris Reis,hero of the 2010 Super Bowl champion New Orleans Saints, and his father, Mike Reis for the release of their new book, Recovery of a Lifetime. The book tells an inspirational story of how a son’s triumph, on and off the football field, inspired his father to win his battle against a lifetime of addictions.

Chris Reis is best known for having recovered the famous “Ambush” onside kick that opened the second half and propelled the New Orleans Saints to victory over the Indianapolis Colts in Super Bowl XLIV. The game became a pivotal moment in both his and his father’s life. Inspired by Chris’s success on the football field and as a
Christian role model, Mike Reis felt it was time to address his destructive behaviors – including addiction to alcohol and sex.

This father and son team collaborated on Recovery of a Lifetime in the belief that sharing their story will empower others to overcome challenges they face.

“There are many aspects of my life of which I am not proud,” commented Mike Reis. “It was not easy to share such private details of our family life and personal history, but we do so in the hope that others will recognize a piece of themselves in our story and know that there is always a way to set things right. It is never too late to be the person you are intended to be.”

“I’m humbled that I was able to inspire a turn-around in my dad’s life and now want to encourage others to break the chains of their past,” commented Chris Reis. “I felt that I had a calling to write this book with my dad to share our story. I want to inspire people to live a more purposeful life.”

While sports fans will be intrigued by the inside story of Chris’ football career and the memorable Super Bowl play, the main themes of the book are redemption and breaking the patterns of generational problems. Both Chris and Mike speak candidly about their Christian faith and the role it plays in their lives and relationships. And the book addresses Mike’s troubled family history, how it influenced his choices and, ultimately, how he was able to break free of the patterns established by previous
generations.

Ambush! Good luck with your book Chris; wish you the best.

Awesome. I'll be getting a copy. I remember once I saw Chris with some attractive young women on Magazine Street. He seemed to busy playing the part of tour guide, so I left him alone. That weekend he was injured and put on IR. I always felt like it was my fault. :)

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

Who Dat! One of my favorite memories of all time was Ambush. So good to read or hear about inspirational stories like this in life, coming from a true New Orlean Saint and sports in general makes it even better. :9:

I remember following Chris while he played in NFL Europe. Was cool during Ambush, thinking back to where he came from to make it in the NFL.

Good luck to you and the book, Chris! Thanks again for holding on to that ball despite the Colts doing who-knows-what to you under that pile! It can't be said enough!

Bumped to the top because with all the carp we've been getting from the NFL, we need to read a story like this.

Good luck with the book Chris.

Anyone want to send me one for Christmas feel free to!

Man I miss all the good stuff living in Pennsylvania. Instead, I get the chance to go to Eagles signings and training camp. I'd rather watch paint dry.

Good luck with the book, Chris.

Don't be a stranger to the forum. I'd love to read your take on what the league has done to the Saints this year, seeing as how you were actually in those defensive meetings during that season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom