Postgame press conf? (1 Viewer)

harrty

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Anybody have a recap? Just wondering if CSP shed light on anything.

Sean was solidly behind Lutz. Said Lutz will outlive him in the league!!!!:scratch:

Right. Correct a few things. Clean up some mistakes Refine some techniques. We can just put that on a loop and replay it all season....

Right. Correct a few things. Clean up some mistakes Refine some techniques. We can just put that on a loop and replay it all season....

To be fair, a slight adjustment on four or five plays would have easily been the difference between the preferred outcome and what actually occurred.

on the PI call late in the 4th...not gonna start the season off with a fine! Wasnt happy with it but got the usual have to check the tape..

Insert "gotta check the tape" here.... blah blah blah..coach-speak here.. coach speak there... that's all your going to get...

To be fair, a slight adjustment on four or five plays would have easily been the difference between the preferred outcome and what actually occurred.
This reminds me of the Mora "Coulda, woulda, shoulda" remark. At some point, you stop making excuses and execute in critical situations. How many years has it been since the Saints could do that?

Sounds like the usual nothing. Brees and some of the other O players must be really nice guys to not gripe about the awful D play, year after year after year after year.

The problem is that we have been living for 3 years now with the same problem.

Don't get me wrong, l think we have a way better team then last year, but a couple of coaching decisions influenced the final result of this game.

The problem is that we have been living for 3 years now with the same problem.

Don't get me wrong, l think we have a way better team then last year, but a couple of coaching decisions influenced the final result of this game.

I'm speaking more to on field issues. Like Crawley not turning his head around on a few Crabtree completions. Or Craig Robinson getting turned around by the pulling guard on the 75 yard run. Or Lutz pulling the long kicks slightly left. Or Murphy not reading his blocks correctly on returns.

As for coaching decisions, the timeout after the fumble was crucial, but I'm not sure what better recourse was afforded Payton there. Otherwise, I'm also not sure what better the staff could've done to gain the edge on Oakland.

It seems like we are forgetting that we weren't playing South Texas A&M State at Kingsville here. This is a top level offense with Pro Bowl level receivers and a pretty great young quarterback that shredded the defense. They did just as much to win this game as the Saints did to lose it. The deserve a much larger share of credit than we are giving them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom