Pot Roast (Terrence Knighton) done in New England (1 Viewer)

Swampy Saint

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Man, how did he go from dominating in Denver, to can't make a team.

Even though Patriots coach Bill Belichick resists terming the third preseason game a dress rehearsal for the regular season, it seemed telling that defensive tackle Terrance Knighton didn’t play in last Friday’s game against the Panthers.

On Monday, it was confirmed that pot roast won’t be on the team’s menu this season. Knighton bid farewell to the Patriots on Twitter amid reports that the team has released him.

Patriots part ways with Terrance Knighton | ProFootballTalk

Saintaholic

<><><><><><><><><><><>
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
This guy went from dominating presence and having endorsements/commercials to being a journeyman quicker than anyone I can remember.

OP
Swampy Saint

Swampy Saint

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I saw a photo about a week or so ago where Lelito was trying to block him.

Pot Roast looked almost twice as big. I'll try and find it and add it to this post.

Get in ma belly.

Attachments

Blessedog

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Idk, Jenkins has been playing well in preseason. Really collapsing the pocket and holding his own. Don't think we need him. Of course, Davison is Davison. Beast.

OP
Swampy Saint

Swampy Saint

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Idk, Jenkins has been playing well in preseason. Really collapsing the pocket and holding his own. Don't think we need him. Of course, Davison is Davison. Beast.
I don't know.
If we can get him on the cheap, I wouldn't mind having him in the rotation.
I don't see any depth behind Davison, Jenkins, Fairley and Rankins.

AARPSaint

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I don't know.
If we can get him on the cheap, I wouldn't mind having him in the rotation.
I don't see any depth behind Davison, Jenkins, Fairley and Rankins.
That's four defensive tackles. I am wondering how much more depth we need, notwithstanding Rankins's absence at the beginning of the season.

OP
Swampy Saint

Swampy Saint

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
That's four defensive tackles. I am wondering how much more depth we need, notwithstanding Rankins's absence at the beginning of the season.
Since I'm wishing anyways.....I want however many it takes to put pressure on the QB rather than having them standing out there like the Statue of Liberty.

sykobob671

"BUGJUICE"
Reaction score
Why it didn't work out for Terrance Knighton with Patriots

you may have to scroll down a bit to read the article

Vincent Valentine powers his way into the mix - New England Patriots Blog- ESPN

"A two-gap technique requires defensive tackles to get their hands into the breastplate of an offensive lineman and control them while playing with patience and being responsible for the gap to each side.

" It is a technique Knighton had not played in the first seven years of his career with the Jaguars (2009-12), Broncos (2013-14) and Redskins (2015). In signing Knighton, the Patriots were projecting that transition could be made. But similar to their 2013 trade for defensive tackle Isaac Sopoaga, it didn't work out."

St.Fury

Staff member
Administrator
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score

"A two-gap technique requires defensive tackles to get their hands into the breastplate of an offensive lineman and control them while playing with patience and being responsible for the gap to each side.

" It is a technique Knighton had not played in the first seven years of his career with the Jaguars (2009-12), Broncos (2013-14) and Redskins (2015). In signing Knighton, the Patriots were projecting that transition could be made. But similar to their 2013 trade for defensive tackle Isaac Sopoaga, it didn't work out."
Wait...so you're telling me that NE makes bad FA deals, too? Hmm. I thought they were perfect.

Nightshade

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score

This he hasn't all of a sudden become a journeyman he was just a bad fit he is a 1 gap DT and the Pats tried to make him a 2 gap it didn't work. He could fit here the problem is he is a NT and just turned 30. He also wouldn't be a good replacement for Rankins till he returens they are 2 different type of players. He could allow Davison to slide over to DT and take his spot at NT for the time being.

If we do bring him someone on the line would be cut to open a spot which would most likely be Tull.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom