Potato side dishes: post your favorite recipe and methods (1 Viewer)

the first time, shame on the mandolin. Each subsequent time....

?

Exactly. Each subsequent time I told myself "Be careful, remember what happened last time", then... "DAMMIT"!

Seriously. You barely have to touch that blade to make a deep cut in your finger.

Exactly. Each subsequent time I told myself "Be careful, remember what happened last time", then... "DAMMIT"!

Seriously. You barely have to touch that blade to make a deep cut in your finger.

yes. I have never cooked professionally but I have worked around kitchens and I have seen some flat out horrible accidents with the industrial ones. They are no laughing matter

Not sure if this counts as it’s potato salad, but it’s the best potato salad I’ve ever had, I’ve made it many times

Definitely different than traditional but it’s delicious and good hot or cold

Works as a picnic/cookout side and on a holiday dinner table

Last edited:
Great... just great.... been on this sight 20 years... nuttin...

Been on a keto low carb diet for 8 months and you guys finally decide to start a potato recipe thread...

Thanks friends...

we should be using special spoiler markup called keto spoilers

Some of these look delicious.

i have also a German potato salad that is served warm but never made it myself.

My dad used to make a hot West Indian potato salad that was really good

Haven’t had it in ages, need to ask for the recipe

These are, by far, my favorite ways to do potatoes the last few years.

I do oven roasted potatoes as well. Can't remember but I think it was David Chang's recipe....parboil potato cubes (about 1" by 1") with baking soda in the water for about 15-20 minutes. The baking soda creates friction and puts little indentations in the potato cubes.

Pat the potato cubes dry and let cool a bit. Then lightly pan fry some garlic (chopped fine), in olive oil....don't burn, reserve the garlic. Throw the olive oil in with the potato cubes and toss, covering the potatos, I usually throw in Tony's or chili powder and salt or even cumin and curry depending on my mood.

Roast in the oven at 420 for 20 minutes, when done throw back in heated bowl and add the pan fried garlic....best oven roasted potatos I've ever had....Cheers

Potato skins stuffed with crab imperial.

1 lb. backfin lump
1 tsp. parsley
1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
1 egg
1 tsp. Old Bay (or your favorite crab seasoning) I don't even use this much, I like the flavor of crabmeat
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 oz. Hellmann’s mayonnaise
1 tsp. melted butter

Imperial Topping:
3 oz. Hellmann’s mayonnaise
1 oz. half & half
pinch black pepper
1/2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
Pinch of paprika
1/4 c. shredded Cheddar cheese

4 potato skins

add crabmeat and seasoning to skins, add imperial topping, and bake/broil until cheese is melted and topping is beginning to brown. Drink beer while baking in progress.

Last edited:
Potato skins stuffed with crab imperial.

1 lb. backfin lump
1 tsp. parsley
1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
1 egg
1 tsp. Old Bay (or your favorite crab seasoning) I don't even use this much, I like the flavor of crabmeat
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 oz. Hellmann’s mayonnaise
1 tsp. melted butter

Imperial Topping:
3 oz. Hellmann’s mayonnaise
1 oz. half & half
pinch black pepper
1/2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
Pinch of paprika
1/4 c. shredded Cheddar cheese

4 potato skins

add crabmeat and seasoning to skins, add imperial topping, and bake/broil until cheese is melted and topping is beginning to brown. Drink beer while baking in progress.
the instructions at the end seem critical and I look forward to following this precisely :p
seriously though - temp and for how long in oven?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom