Potential contract ramifications will have no impact on how Saints use TE Jimmy Graham - MERGED (1 Viewer)

We should line him up in the slot 29 plays a game and have him at FB for 30 snaps a game.

Nfl ticker - jimmy Graham - WR money

Ticker state SP will not Change where JG lines up due to possible contract discussions as JG wants to be paid like a WR

To be honest he has a point but even as WR he drops too many easy ones -

What is Lance Moore's contract compared to top TE?

dang hate to see him doing that he was picked as a tightend as far as im concern he is a tightend not a wr dont know if the team would pay him as a wr

Ticker state SP will not Change where JG lines up due to possible contract discussions as JG wants to be paid like a WR

He doesn't drop too many passes. He played through a hand injury that required surgery at the end of the season. If he is still dropping passes with healthy hands this year, I'd agree.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

I would gladly pay him how much gronkowski was paid, especially considering how pathetic jimmy is at blocking if compared to the patriot. I mean, i love him and whatever, but i had enough of the brees drama contract last time. I wish loomis would sign guys BEFORE their contract came to an end for once

I could see an extra $700k/yr as incentive packages.

Colston has a $3.5+ Mill incentive package spread across his contract.

If we offered him a similar package with the same base ($1.3M) and $5Mil for 5-yr Signing Bonus he would be in that WR range.

Comparing Jimmy to Lance is like comparing apple to grape. One is the number 1st or 2nd option for Drew while the later is at best the 4th or 5th option.

I could see an extra $700k/yr as incentive packages.

Colston has a $3.5+ Mill incentive package spread across his contract.

If we offered him a similar package with the same base ($1.3M) and $5Mil for 5-yr Signing Bonus he would be in that WR range.

Damn Jimmy would fire you

cant blame a guy who produced more than our wide-outs. you absolutely have to pay this man or he will walk in time. He knows that he is top 2 in the league and I see at least 27 teams really throwing hooks at him if he hits free agency. we just can't lose this type of talent no matter what. he will be the 3rd Saints hall of famer after Drew gets in.

Graham is under contract this year and then next year we can tag him as a RFA.

So we have two years to figure this out and make it work with the cap. It'll get done.

You can also franchise tag a TE for less then 7 million a year while a WR is almost 11 million a year (that'll go up but it'll still be less then top WR money). We have a ton of options.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom