Potential defensive roster going into next season... (1 Viewer)

SF2313

All-Pro
Reaction score
Trying to paint a clearer image of what our defense will look like next season. What do you think about the accuracy/potency of this hypothetical rotation?

If we add Butler and resign Mack, our defensive roster could look roughly like this...

LDE: Jordan, Smith
DT: Bunkley, DRAFT (Williams?)
RDE: Hicks, Johnson
LOLB: DRAFT (Mingo?), Galette
LILB: Hawthorne, Vilma
RILB: Lofton, Chamberlain?
ROLB: Wilson/Butler, Butler/Wilson
LCB: Lewis, Robinson, Mack
RCB: Greer, DRAFT (Mathieu?), White
FS: Jenkins, AQ
SS: Harper, Bush
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(*Other two draft picks invested on offensive side of the ball: RT/LT, RT/LT or backup TE/QB)

That prototype looks good, but let's wait until after free agency to get a better look at one of these. Just my opinion.

I doubt mingo will be there or ansah or jordan or jones. I think we will have to choose between guys like Xavier Rhodes Vacarro and Tavon Austin and won't have an option to trade down

Sent via Tapatalk

Trying to paint a clearer image of what our defense will look like next season. What do you think about the accuracy/potency of this hypothetical rotation?

If we add Butler and resign Mack, our defensive roster could look roughly like this...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(*Other two draft picks invested on offensive side of the ball: RT/LT, RT/LT or backup TE/QB)

I think I'd rather Jenkins at CB and Matthieu as a FS prospect. Great ball hawking skills, good speed, aggressive.

I doubt mingo will be there or ansah or jordan or jones. I think we will have to choose between guys like Xavier Rhodes Vacarro and Tavon Austin and won't have an option to trade down

Sent via Tapatalk

I would love Austin in that situation. Xavier wouldn't be a bad pick there either, but I see Tampa taking him.

I like this roster a LOT, but I'm not sure we can really assume that the Saints are interested in Mathieu, persay... Other than that, I think it's a very reasonable guess as to where a lot of our current and prospective guys would slot into this new 3-4.

Here's to hoping we can grab Butler and a premier pass rushing OLB in the first round of the draft!

I want tez wilson on the inside instead of hawthorne, he wll give us some much needed athleticism

we need new starters at

FS
LOLB, mingo?
ROLB, wilson is not a starter....
LILB, not sold on hawthorne at all....

Imagine having Mingo (6'4, 241, 4.58) coming off one edge, and Wilson (6'4, 250, 4.49) coming of the other edge.

Those starting scare me

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom