Potential FA target so we can finally get rid of Cadet. (1 Viewer)

Saintsallday

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Danny Woodhead. Coming off an injury should be able to get him cheap. He had the injury early in the year should be ready to go by camp. Melvin Gordon's emergence as a 3 down back allows Chargers to let him walk. Plus they need money for Melvin Ingram who I think they resign. He is a great pass catcher, a little older but thats why I think we can get him with a bargain. Can really fill the satellite back role so we dont have to spend early pick on it. Would just add a better dynamic out of the backfield. Now we still could get a back late but I like the idea of Woodhead in this offense think SP could make him shine.

Reggie Bush will be available. Darren Sproles might be out there too.

Bush is an option too, hasnt he been injured past 2 seasons though? Woodhead has been injured too but just this year. I like Reggie would be great if he came back. Woodhead I think is better at this point though. I think Philly keep Sproles they love him over there

Yeah I think Sproles stays in Philly, Bush could be an option, I always liked McCluster too. I'm sure he'll be available as well.

Yeah I think Sproles stays in Philly, Bush could be an option, I always liked McCluster too. I'm sure he'll be available as well.

Good part is McCluster, Bush, and Woodhead should all come pretty cheap. Definitely think 3rd down RB can be upgraded this offseason. Actually now that I think about it Bush return makes too much sense not to happen. I think he'd be happy to contribute however. Shoot Id put him at PR see if hes still got any juice.

Reggie. He'll be 2 years out from his knee surgery, on a short season, in which his workload was minimal and he suffered no additional injuries. He'd be good for maybe 10-15 snaps a game including Special Teams.

Payton needs to tap into the 06 well once more because it's given him extra life on more than one occasion. Harper has been good in the locker room, Jahri came in and kept Bree's Clean, Bree's is still Bree's and Strief is still kicking.

He's whiffed on two guys in Spiller/Fleener. Unlike with Spiller Reggie knows the system, can pass protect, and you are familiar with his skill set. Question is how much he has left. Based on the above I'd say he's got room for a solid year. Even if Reggie is just average it would be an upgrade from Cadet.

Sproles has had a lot of touches in the last 3 years. Reggie hasn't so the odds that Sproles dramatically drops in play is higher just from more wear and tear. Reggie brings back thatbmisdirection ability too. Sproles was more matchup on LB. I would still treat reggie as a threat running cross formation. Sproles not so much. Top that off with he's at a point in his career where he has something to prove. This is the guy who made the bat game a thing. He's a competitor. We have room for guys like that on this team. If we don't make room.

Reggie. He'll be 2 years out from his knee surgery, on a short season, in which his workload was minimal and he suffered no additional injuries. He'd be good for maybe 10-15 snaps a game including Special Teams.

Payton needs to tap into the 06 well once more because it's given him extra life on more than one occasion. Harper has been good in the locker room, Jahri came in and kept Bree's Clean, Bree's is still Bree's and Strief is still kicking.

He's whiffed on two guys in Spiller/Fleener. Unlike with Spiller Reggie knows the system, can pass protect, and you are familiar with his skill set. Question is how much he has left. Based on the above I'd say he's got room for a solid year. Even if Reggie is just average it would be an upgrade from Cadet.

Sproles has had a lot of touches in the last 3 years. Reggie hasn't so the odds that Sproles dramatically drops in play is higher just from more wear and tear. Reggie brings back thatbmisdirection ability too. Sproles was more matchup on LB. I would still treat reggie as a threat running cross formation. Sproles not so much. Top that off with he's at a point in his career where he has something to prove. This is the guy who made the bat game a thing. He's a competitor. We have room for guys like that on this team. If we don't make room.

I agree with this Bush>Sproles at this point for us. I think Bush is a better runner than Sproles as well. We for sure have room at RB, Cadet and Hightower are UFA, Lasco is unproven and Mark (who I like and is having a good year) is injury prone. So we need depth there behind Ingram and change of pace. Think Bush is both.

What about Knile Davis? He's young, big, fast, can return kicks, and is buried on his current depth chart. Idk anything about his character but I'd rather him over Woodhead on potential alone

Others I'd look at are Denard Robinson and Christine Michael

What about Knile Davis? He's young, big, fast, can return kicks, and is buried on his current depth chart. Idk anything about his character but I'd rather him over Woodhead on potential alone

Others I'd look at are Denard Robinson and Christine Michael

Davis would be interesting but he was traded to the RB desperate Packers.....then cut. Says a lot about him. Havent seen him flash much as a receiver out of the backfield in KC. Plus he doesnt have the benefit of knowing the system and QB like Reggie. D.Rob is an interesting one he flashed at times maybe he needs change of scenery. C-mike to fill the 3rd down role? I dont think he does it as a receiver very well. Robinson is a good one to add to the mix though with Woodhead and Bush.

I would take Bush or Sproles. I am not sure about Bush's production as of late, but Sproles is still a playmaker.

I believe both of them left here on bad terms. According to Sproles' wife, we played him when it came down to him choosing who he wanted to be traded to.

I know Payton took Bush out to dinner with intentions on signing him, but turned around and signed Spiller instead.

Prior to Bush signing with the Bills, there was an article on Payton deciding to not to sign him again. So I'm guessing that there's bad blood there.

I would take Bush or Sproles. I am not sure about Bush's production as of late, but Sproles is still a playmaker.

I believe both of them left here on bad terms. According to Sproles' wife, we played him when it came down to him choosing who he wanted to be traded to.

I know Payton took Bush out to dinner with intentions on signing him, but turned around and signed Spiller instead.

Prior to Bush signing with the Bills, there was an article on Payton deciding to not to sign him again. So I'm guessing that there's bad blood there.

I dont think theres any bad blood there. I saw an interview short time back where they asked him what was most memorable spot he has been in his career, man didnt even hesitate and said New Orleans. This was pre Bills and 49ers, Ill see if I can find it. Homecoming worked for Roman Harper who we pretty much let walk to division rival, not crazy to think Bush can come back. Evans too there was bad blood, something about the 09 squad, Porter still tweets about NOLA once and awhile. Fans would go crazy if Bush came back and dusted off the old #25

If given the choice of which 3rd down RB I'd like to see on this team vs. the resources that would have to be spent on them, the decision is very easy.

Reggie Bush, hands down.

He checks off so many boxes, it really looks like a no-brainer.

Wish we had never moved on from Reggie. Such an underrated player who was just starting to come into his own when he left.

I've always felt that, as the #2 pick in the draft who while not elite, was good, he was just the perfect RB for our offense. A great pass catcher, great punt returner, and despite his size, he was an underrated short yardage/goal line runner. Also, those short, 6 to 8 yard passes to the flat he caught so often were automatic first downs that were taken for granted.

I hated that we had a #2 pick and we only got 5 seasons out of him. The initial investment there, in my opinion, warranted another contract since he was a pretty good player for us and was ascending - I hated watching him go on to have pretty much three 1000 yard seasons with other teams as soon as he left here.

The dude was just a playmaker and brought some much-needed star power to what had been an unpopular franchise.

I don't know how much he has left in the tank, but surely he's still a massive upgrade over Cadet and I'd love to have him finish his career here.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom