Potential hidden gems (1 Viewer)

baarbogast

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Here are my late round/UDFAs. I tried to fill needs and improve all of the special teams. I also tried to find Payton/Loomis type players. I could only find 1 OL worth looking at, hopefully the ones on our IR or PS will come through.

Player rankings and analysis from NFL Draft - 2013 NFL Draft Prospects - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com

266 Mario Benavides C 8 Louisville rSr 6-3 279

195 Corey Fuller WR 24 Virginia Tech rSr 6-2 197

256 *Marquess Wilson WR Washington State Jr 6-3 188
He had issues with former coaching staff.

***236 Marcus Davis WR 26 Virginia Tech rSr 6-4 232
I bet he actually goes in the 4th, to be available this late would be robbery.

431 *Duron Carter WR Florida Atlantic rJr 6-3 212
Cris Carters' son?

212 *Cierre Wood RB Notre Dame rJr 6-0 215
He reminds me of Ricky Watters, man am I getting old.

279 *Levine Toilolo TE Stanford rJr 6-7 265
He seems really green, good PS candidate

316 Philip Lutzenkirchen TE Auburn Sr 6-3 255
Has an injury, may be a IR candidate

396 Ben Cotton TE Nebraska Sr 6-6 255

DEFENSE:
****200 Anthony McCloud DT Florida State rSr 6-2 309

****202 Devin Taylor DE South Carolina rSr 6-7 267
They rank him 202nd, but say they think he’ll go top 100. I find that interesting.

307 Quanterus Smith DE Western Kentucky rSr 6-5 248
Another IR candidate

378 Dexter McCoil FS Tulsa Sr 6-3 222

260 Brandan Bishop FS North Carolina State Sr 6-2 205

324 Drew Frey SS Cincinnati rSr 6-3 212
Frey has the size and instincts scouts like and appears to be an NFL caliber athlete. Scouts love intelligent safeties and Frey certainly boasts the smarts. He was his high school class Valedictorian, earned a spot on the 2012 Academic All-Big East team and is majoring in Architectural Engineering Technology.

****265 Ray Ray Armstrong SS Miami (Fla.) rSr 6-3 216
**** I think those players will get drafted, hopefuly by us. Va. Tech receivers are really intriguing this year.

Nice work. It will be interesting to see how many of these guys we get a chance to bring in. I like Devin Taylor DE South Carolina, Drew Frey SS Cincinnati and Brndon Bishop FS North Carolina State.

I really want a late round safety... Cooper Taylor, Ray Ray, Dexter, they all fit the bill

Levine Toilolo TE Stanford rJr 6-7 265 been wondering about this guy myself

Devin Taylor could go as high as the 4th. Good Job

The Owls were the fourth collegiate stop for Carter, son of former star NFL receiver Cris Carter, the past three years, with academics serving as a significant hurdle at nearly every one of them.
Carter was declared academically ineligible for Ohio State’s appearance in the Rose Bowl game following the 2009 regular season, an issue that also kept him out of spring practice in 2010. He left the Buckeyes in June of that year and enrolled at a junior college in Kansas.
After transferring to Alabama in April of 2011 from the JUCO ranks, eligibility issues again involving academics kept him from practicing with the Tide until late August. It was announced in late September of 2011 that Carter would not play at all that season and would instead take a redshirt. He was suspended for spring practice this year, which prompted him to take his leave of Tuscaloosa and officially transfer to FAU.

Duron Carter leaves FAU; NFL next? | CollegeFootballTalk

Duron Carter is one i have been saying for awile... high potentiol UDFA...has all the skills just hasnt shown it in college at all (grade problems)

Corey Fuller impressed me at the shrine game. I think that he has very good developmental potential as does Duron Carter.

Uzoma Nwachukwu, Ryan Spadola, and Devonte Christopher tore up the week of practices at the Texas Vs. Nation game which is where players like Joe morgan and Denarius Moore got noticed.

Im also interested in possibly inviting Chip Reeves (Troy) and Mike Rios (Marist) to camp as potential deep threats. If we miss out on a player like Stedman Bailey or Cordarrelle Patterson, guys like these could be very valuable in the late rounds and UDFA.

I was surprised but Corey Fuller outplayed Marcus Davis in the shrine game to me and probably could've done better with more quality qb play.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zzU8KZpArZg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It shouldn't be difficult to replace Devery Henderson if we picked up another inside slot guy like Fuller or Chad Bumphis.

just seen this on someone have been biging for weeks... not great just before the draft, failcon he is all yours :)

Attachments

• qamegu8a.jpg
    qamegu8a.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 274
Any UDFA QBs that look like they can play on a roster this year? I haven't really looked at a draft guide yet, and don't know much beyond Geno...

Any UDFA QBs that look like they can play on a roster this year? I haven't really looked at a draft guide yet, and don't know much beyond Geno...

Tuehl from Washington or WSU would be an UDFA.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom