Potential QB (1 Viewer)

I think it's important to remember that Drew has been benched for Doug Flutie and they drafted another QB to replace him as well. He was not HOF Drew when we got him, so I'm curious about what Sean can do with Jameis. Although, if he can't protect the ball the experiment is over.

• Wow. This looks just like Jameis Winston's draft scouting report.

Honestly the first clue was specifically trying to blur out identifying information. It's a quarterback search, not Hotels.com and a secret 4-star hotel at a reduced price, so there would have been no other reason to do that.

But yeah, skimming over all the other attributes and specifically the fourth quarter comebacks and only having 1 loss made it pretty obvious.

His scouting report doesn't mean much at this point. There is over 5 seasons worth of real NFL film to evaluate his play.
Maybe not, but it shows that there could be some untapped potential there. He's got all of the tools, and not just physically. I'm not saying he's a future HOFer under Payton, but if anyone could maximize his potential, I believe Payton can.

Maybe not, but it shows that there could be some untapped potential there. He's got all of the tools, and not just physically. I'm not saying he's a future HOFer under Payton, but if anyone could maximize his potential, I believe Payton can.

For those of us who weren't already familiar with his college positives and negatives, a 6 year old draft scouting report might help them get behind the idea of Jameis as the Saints QB. I posted this article before a while back when someone attacked his intelligence:

My point is if you want to get fired up about the idea of what Jameis CAN do in the NFL, I would rather watch an NFL highlight video:

I think it's important to remember that Drew has been benched for Doug Flutie and they drafted another QB to replace him as well. He was not HOF Drew when we got him, so I'm curious about what Sean can do with Jameis. Although, if he can't protect the ball the experiment is over.

I'm curious also to see what Sean can do. If anyone thinks Sean is not gonna try real hard to prove he had a lot to do with Drew's success, you don't know Sean.

As far as protecting the ball, Jamies' worst year (2019) was 30 INTs. Drew's worst year (2010) was 22 INTs.

Jamies had as Head Coaches the following:

Lovie Smith (Dirk Koetter O Coordinator)
Dirk Koetter (Todd Monken O coordinator)
Bruce Arians (Byron Leftwich O coordinator)

I took a 5 season snap shot of Drew vs Jameis. I took Drew from 2007 to 2011. I was actually surprised the INTs per season were so close, especially considering Jameis had a 30 INT season. Drew averaged about 10 more TDs per season, but Sean has to count for some of that. Also, how bad has Tampa's O Line been during the time Jameis was there?

Here are they are:

20210119_083853.jpg
20210119_084005.jpg

The worry that I have is if Jameis's agent thinks the Saints want to sign him to be the starter, he will want starter money. Can the Saints afford to do that??

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom