Potential Timing of Marshon Lattimore's Possible Suspension (1 Viewer)

DerrickB

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Would you prefer the that the league decide the disciplinary action for Latt at the beginning of the season or the middle to later part of the year? I hope that it's at the beginning of the season.

The league will let us know at the last possible moment. We need to know now so that we can make plans going into the beginning of the season. Games are going to be on the offense to win for the first half. Two many changes to our defense this offseason.

The NFL are notorious for doing this. They want to wait until the climactic part of the season. Lattimore's situation happened nearly at the end of March & I don't understand why it takes so long to deal with this situation.

Has the case been resolved?

Would you prefer the that the league decide the disciplinary action for Latt at the beginning of the season or the middle to later part of the year? I hope that it's at the beginning of the season.

Probably around the time the Saints play the Seahawks, Tampa, Atlanta, and Titans. 4 game suspension

The league will let us know at the last possible moment. We need to know now so that we can make plans going into the beginning of the season. Games are going to be on the offense to win for the first half. Two many changes to our defense this offseason.

The NFL are notorious for doing this. They want to wait until the climactic part of the season. Lattimore's situation happened nearly at the end of March & I don't understand why it takes so long to deal with this situation.
I am not one to defend the league, but I don't think there is something sinister on the way the league handles those kind of suspensions.

These are very complicated cases to follow, the league has to rely on police reports, witnesses, lawyers, and specially, players.

There will be a point where the league will contact Marshon and interview him (if it has not happened), and also, the league has to have a clear idea on how the police investigation will go, and if it is going to be prosecuted, if there is a deal to be made etc.

For what I have read, even when some players have been suspended at the middle or end of the season, their teams are fully informed about how the league is determining if there is a punishment to follow, and when it will be applied.

If a suspension comes to this at the worst moment, I won't blame the league, I will blame Marshon for getting himself on a delicate situation.

There is no participant that benefits for a situation like this, not even the league.

I am not one to defend the league, but I don't think there is something sinister on the way the league handles those kind of suspensions.

These are very complicated cases to follow, the league has to rely on police reports, witnesses, lawyers, and specially, players.

There will be a point where the league will contact Marshon and interview him (if it has not happened), and also, the league has to have a clear idea on how the police investigation will go, and if it is going to be prosecuted, if there is a deal to be made etc.

For what I have read, even when some players have been suspended at the middle or end of the season, their teams are fully informed about how the league is determining if there is a punishment to follow, and when it will be applied.

If a suspension comes to this at the worst moment, I won't blame the league, I will blame Marshon for getting himself on a delicate situation.

There is no participant that benefits for a situation like this, not even the league.

Sinister may be a strong word. But, the NFL clearly isn't consistent with punishments, especially when it comes to the Saints. The NFL clearly has an agenda in pretty much everything they do.

I predict Roger Clowndell will suspend Marshon for two games. Those being the Thanksgiving contest against Buffalo and the following week on the Thursday game against Dallas.

He knows N.O Will need Shon the most during those two games and will decide to dispense his disciplinary action against him then.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom