Saints Potential Trade Targets? (1 Viewer)

Saint Taysom

MultiTool Tool
Reaction score
Williams has got to go. He’s run out of chances with the Saints, and it appears he’s getting worse... Maybe another team still believes they can “fix him” but he’ll never be good as a Saint moving forward... his game is shot with this defense.

LB and DL could also be options to bolster a struggling defense, and there are a few options out there as well... an ancillary WR is a possibility as well...

There are a number of FS out there that could help the Saints with an upgrade at that spot...

Justin Simmons, Broncos - Simmons is a very complete FS and excels in both run support and coverage. Denver sucks, but It’s seems unlikely they’d trade him.

Marcus Maye, Jets - Every player on the Jets is up for grabs. Maye is a strong young FS, and his best football is still ahead of him. Getting away from the Jets is the start.

Anthony Harris, Vikings - Very Active and reliable FS. Harris has shown the ability to be a very effective FS... His partner Harrison Smith is another possibility, but he’s more of a SS at this point.

Myles Jack, Jaguars - An active coverage LB that can go sideline-to-sideline would be a welcome addition! Jack is what Anzalone could be if he were even better and not made of glass.

Germaine Pratt, Bengals - Pratt is an underrated LB stuck in a bad situation in Cincy. He is very athletic and solid vs both the pass and run. Upside still there. Davis-Gaithersburg gives the Bengals flexibility to move him.

Ryan Kerrigan, Football Team - Kerrigan still has gas in the tank, and he could provide the Saints with a real weapon as a rotational DE.

Whitney Mercilus, Texans - The Texans have listed JJ Watt among their “untouchables” but Mercilus is a very good pass rusher that could give the Saints some flexibility and versatility on the DL.

Golden Tate, Giants - Tate has long been considered a great fit for the Saints offense. With the Saints WRs dealing with some adversity and injuries thus far, Tate would provide excellent insurance.

Jamison Crowder, Jets - *see Golden Tate, only set expectations a tad lower.

Cut Williams.

I would trade Thomas. Get a first round draft pick. Keeping him will not end well.

I could honestly see it ending in a complete explosion with bridges burning... but in the meantime (if he can get back and start producing) it could be held at bay for awhile. It’s feels almost inevitable at this point though... so I see your point. I’d be OK if they were trading him to the Jets and the Saints were staring at a top 3 pick though.

Williams has got to go. He’s run out of chances with the Saints, and it appears he’s getting worse... Maybe another team still believes they can “fix him” but he’ll never be good as a Saint moving forward... his game is shot with this defense.

LB and DL could also be options to bolster a struggling defense, and there are a few options out there as well... an ancillary WR is a possibility as well...

There are a number of FS out there that could help the Saints with an upgrade at that spot...

Justin Simmons, Broncos - Simmons is a very complete FS and excels in both run support and coverage. Denver sucks, but It’s seems unlikely they’d trade him.

Marcus Maye, Jets - Every player on the Jets is up for grabs. Maye is a strong young FS, and his best football is still ahead of him. Getting away from the Jets is the start.

Anthony Harris, Vikings - Very Active and reliable FS. Harris has shown the ability to be a very effective FS... His partner Harrison Smith is another possibility, but he’s more of a SS at this point.

Myles Jack, Jaguars - An active coverage LB that can go sideline-to-sideline would be a welcome addition! Jack is what Anzalone could be if he were even better and not made of glass.

Germaine Pratt, Bengals - Pratt is an underrated LB stuck in a bad situation in Cincy. He is very athletic and solid vs both the pass and run. Upside still there. Davis-Gaithersburg gives the Bengals flexibility to move him.

Ryan Kerrigan, Football Team - Kerrigan still has gas in the tank, and he could provide the Saints with a real weapon as a rotational DE.

Whitney Mercilus, Texans - The Texans have listed JJ Watt among their “untouchables” but Mercilus is a very good pass rusher that could give the Saints some flexibility and versatility on the DL.

Golden Tate, Giants - Tate has long been considered a great fit for the Saints offense. With the Saints WRs dealing with some adversity and injuries thus far, Tate would provide excellent insurance.

Jamison Crowder, Jets - *see Golden Tate, only set expectations a tad lower.
Jamison Crowder is who I would hope we get at WR.

He's productive on a terrible team.

Tate doesn't have much left in the tank.

I would trade Thomas. Get a first round draft pick. Keeping him will not end well.
[/QUOTE]
Sure, let me cut off my nose....you know the rest

Justin Reid is another name to add to the prospective FS trade targets. A versatile young FS that should be more reliable in not making the consistent mental mistakes Marcus Williams does.

I could honestly see it ending in a complete explosion with bridges burning... but in the meantime (if he can get back and start producing) it could be held at bay for awhile. It’s feels almost inevitable at this point though... so I see your point. I’d be OK if they were trading him to the Jets and the Saints were staring at a top 3 pick though.
In what world would any team in contention for the #1 overall pick trade it away? Especially with a #1 overall prospect that is coming out this year.

In what world would any team in contention for the #1 overall pick trade it away? Especially with a #1 overall prospect that is coming out this year.

I guess it would be in a world where the Jets are run by a bunch of idiots and believe that Sam Darnold could reach his ceiling if he had the best WR in the game? It’s unlikely though... but it is the Jets

The Dolphins have their own AND Houston's 1st round pick and are about to find out exactly what they have in Tua. If I was inclined to ship Thomas that's where I would look to send him, provided we get at least one of those picks for him. Houston's at the moment looks like it would be the better of the two but there's obviously a lot of football left to be played.

There's also a case for waiting til after the season and if the Dolphins get the #1 pick suddenly Tua is expendable, or maybe they love Tua and don't mind parting with the #1 overall pick for the best receiver in the game to go along with their young star QB, especially considering they'd still have another 1st rounder. Also ships MT out of the conference from our perspective.

Personally I'm hoping we keep Thomas and this all blows over but the Saints are in a position we're we've got him locked down, so unless he's willing to retire early we can legitimately shop him around if we're interested in doing so rather than have to worry about losing him for nothing after this season or next.

Cant Guard Mike is the best player on our team and some of y'all want to trade him... So much for Brees' last season...
I would not trade him now, but if the right offer came before the draft, Loomis would be crazy to not listen. We could use the extra draft capital to get younger, cheaper, and deeper. It isn’t that anyone wants to trade CGM the player, but we have to be honest with ourselves in acknowledging some red flags attached to his off-field antics.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom