Potentially available quarterbacks for 2022 (1 Viewer)

It's gonna take a San Fran deal to be in the mix this year.

I’m not spending money on any of these guys. We will stink in 2023…oh well. At least we should have a high pick in 2024 where we can rebuild
Yeah but… I watched the Saints for many many years where they had a high pick… and poor coaching and talent evaluation turned that into absolutely nothing!

If Payton taught me anything, it’s that you NEED the right coach and QB to make any splash

Yeah but… I watched the Saints for many many years where they had a high pick… and poor coaching and talent evaluation turned that into absolutely nothing!

If Payton taught me anything, it’s that you NEED the right coach and QB to make any splash.

You can have a good HC and decent QB and make a SUPERBOWL… ie. Shanahan and Garappolo…or a great QB and decent QB and make some noise… ie. Rodgers and LaFleur…

…but if you have freakin Dennis Allen and Andy Dalton!!!!! You’re best is 3-7 thru 10

Why?

Have you watched Bryce Young play? Is it because of his size? If so, I completely disagree (I disagree regardless though).

Young is incredible! He always keeps his eyes down field… he never panics… he has a strong enough arm to make every throw… and he’s athletic enough to make plays with his feet!

He’s better than Kyler Murray, and bigger too (height-wise by 2”)… and Murray was a top overall pick and isn’t trash by any means!

So.. I ask again…

Why don’t you believe Bryce Young will be successful in the NFL. It doesn’t make any sense! All he does is carry his team week after week.

Every college QB who is a projected early first rounder is the recipient of high praise and accolades.

My doubts about Young are less personal to him - so disregard if you want and I’ll completely understand - and more the feeling that Stroud and Young are benefitting substantially from being in well-oiled college programs where the QB is surrounded by quality coaching and exceptional supporting talent. Whoever plays the position is expected to shine, but that hasn’t really translated to the next level, though a more convincing case can at least be made for Alabama QBs lately.

Young might end up being as good as projected but I think that’s much less of a given than some will want to acknowledge. If this draft ends up being as deep at QB as some were forecasting going into the season, getting past the shiny objects from two of the most hallowed programs might be where the real gems are.

He’s struggled because he doesn’t have the weapons he’s used to, and the Bama defense isn’t what it usually is.

Young is the only reason they had the chance to beat LSU, and they did beat Ole Miss.

Agree to disagree, but I still don’t understand your take.

Young is more “ready” than any college QB I have maybe ever seen.
Agree to disagree indeed. I'd argue that Bama has weapons galore on offense and while there was some drop off, he's also struggled on his own. He made some questionable decisions in the LSU game. The kind of decisions that will be magnified at the pro level.

And the ready as you've ever seen is a bit much. More ready than Burrow? More ready than Tua? More ready than Herbert? Mahomes? Sorry, but that just seems like a ridiculous statement at this point. You may be right, but I'm not seeing it.

If Payton taught me anything, it’s that you NEED the right coach and QB to make any splash
We need both, I agree. But it’s pretty unlikely we will have a legit QB next year…Loomis and co made sure of that. And because of that, and many other reasons, this isn’t going to be an attractive job next year either. It’s a really difficult situation…with being so bad while having no draft to look forward to…this has to be among the most demoralizing seasons as a Saints fan in the past few decades.

We need both, I agree. But it’s pretty unlikely we will have a legit QB next year…Loomis and co made sure of that. And because of that, and many other reasons, this isn’t going to be an attractive job next year either. It’s a really difficult situation…with being so bad while having no draft to look forward to…this has to be among the most demoralizing seasons as a Saints fan in the past few decades.
Exactly!

The Saints are terrible right now… just.. terrible.

Here’s what the immediate future looks like:
- No 1st rounder currently for next draft
- WAY over the cap going into next year
- Aging or injury-riddled vet leaders
- No QB!!!!!!!
- Incompetent current HC, that is likely back for a 2nd try.
- Best WR in team history likely leaving, or (BCS) coming off ANOTHER major injury going on 2+ years..)
- Minimum 2 game suspension likely for Alvin Kamara (*no viable backup RB)
- Davenport, Landry, and other “key” players hitting FA…

This is it… this where the Saints go back sucking forever.

Cherish the last 15-16 years… they were great!

Welcome back to 2005 if you can handle it.

Potential Saints quarterbacks options for 2022
Hope this list is sufficient. I Excluded the draft for the sake of a more focused discussion.

Jameis Winston (Good Audition ?)
Unknown expectations after surgery
Derek Carr (Possible FA in June)
Carr to be extended, traded or released
Jimmy Garoppolo (Probable trade)
49ers plan to trade Jimmy Garoppolo
Baker Mayfield (Possible Trade)
Browns Plan To Keep Baker Mayfield as the QB
Kirk Cousins (Possible Trade)
Cousins has one guaranteed year remaining
Carson Wentz
Colts have no idea what to do with Carson Wentz
Russell Wilson (?cost prohibitive)
Wilson seeking trade from Seahawks with existing NTC
Aaron Rodgers (?cost prohibitive) Daniel Jones (if Watson to NYG)
Aaron Rodgers hints at return to Packers
Deshaun Watson (cost prohibitive)
'more than likely' done in Houston for good
Taysom Hill (Pocket skill prohibitive)
Taysom Hill Long recovery on tap
Teddy Bridgewater (Concussions but already a FA)
Broncos' Teddy Bridgewater Plans to Play in 2022 After Concussion

I can update this post with any linked news other posters can find, but the dozens of posts on any speculative article are getting difficult to follow !
we have a QB all we need to do is play him .

With the 33rd pick in the darn near 1st round of the 2023 draft, the bottom-feeding Dennis Allens select...

Potential Saints quarterbacks options for 2022
Hope this list is sufficient. I Excluded the draft for the sake of a more focused discussion.

Jameis Winston (Good Audition ?)
Unknown expectations after surgery
Derek Carr (Possible FA in June)
Carr to be extended, traded or released
Jimmy Garoppolo (Probable trade)
49ers plan to trade Jimmy Garoppolo
Baker Mayfield (Possible Trade)
Browns Plan To Keep Baker Mayfield as the QB
Kirk Cousins (Possible Trade)
Cousins has one guaranteed year remaining
Carson Wentz
Colts have no idea what to do with Carson Wentz
Russell Wilson (?cost prohibitive)
Wilson seeking trade from Seahawks with existing NTC
Aaron Rodgers (?cost prohibitive) Daniel Jones (if Watson to NYG)
Aaron Rodgers hints at return to Packers
Deshaun Watson (cost prohibitive)
'more than likely' done in Houston for good
Taysom Hill (Pocket skill prohibitive)
Taysom Hill Long recovery on tap
Teddy Bridgewater (Concussions but already a FA)
Broncos' Teddy Bridgewater Plans to Play in 2022 After Concussion

I can update this post with any linked news other posters can find, but the dozens of posts on any speculative article are getting difficult to follow !
I wouldn't want a single QB on that list. You can make a case for Rodgers but he would cost too much. The rest are below average. We're stuck with below average for the future. Our next QB will be on par with the Billy Joe's. I'm confident in that.

With the 33rd pick in the darn near 1st round of the 2023 draft, the bottom-feeding Dennis Allens select...
Lemonjello Judkens, DE, Nowhere State University.

…He’s missed most of the last 2 seasons with a variety of injuries, but he has a great RAS score.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom