Potentially available quarterbacks for 2022 (2 Viewers)

I think we should also include Teddy Bridgewater in this conversation. He has the most experience in the Saints system (2 years in NO and 1 year Carolina)

Draft a qb. Low cap investment allows the Saints to invest in OL, WR, and TE.
That’s definitely the route I hope they take. We might have to trade up to get a good QB and I hope we don’t have to give up to much to do that. I think that even if we draft a QB we might sign Jameis to a 1 year prove it deal. Although I think Jameis has decision making issues its hard to dislike him. He has a great attitude and he’s a hard worker.

Last edited:
Potential Saints quarterbacks options for 2022
Hope this list is sufficient. I Excluded the draft for the sake of a more focused discussion.

Jameis Winston (Good Audition ?)
Unknown expectations after surgery
Derek Carr (Possible FA in June)
Carr to be extended, traded or released
Jimmy Garoppolo (Probable trade)
49ers plan to trade Jimmy Garoppolo
Baker Mayfield (Possible Trade)
Browns Plan To Keep Baker Mayfield as the QB
Kirk Cousins (Possible Trade)
Cousins has one guaranteed year remaining
Carson Wentz
Colts have no idea what to do with Carson Wentz
Matt Ryan
Matt Ryan is expected to return
Russell Wilson (?cost prohibitive)
Wilson seeking trade from Seahawks with existing NTC
Aaron Rodgers (?cost prohibitive) Daniel Jones (if Watson to NYG)
Aaron Rodgers hints at return to Packers
Deshaun Watson (cost prohibitive)

Taysom Hill (Pocket skill prohibitive)

I can update this post with any linked news other posters can find, but the dozens of posts on any speculative article are getting difficult to follow !

If we ever het bored and miss the excitement of having 8 player a week in Covid protocol, we can get Rodgers' nasty lyin arse in here to spice things up. Outside of that, hard pass.

Well... I wouldn't say that. We had so many salivating over this past QB class and 2018 QB Class. Majority of both classes don't look so hot.

So, there is a chance.

Sure, there is always a chance and all it takes is for Payton to fall for one of the QBs. But, none of them look ready at this point. Pickett may be the closest, but it's probably going to take moving up to get one of the top QBs and that's probably not worth it. But, sure, there is probably a draft eligible QB this year that will turn out to be a decent to good QB. The problem of course is figuring out which one it is. I just think this is one of those years where it's just as likely to be a guy that goes in the middle rounds as it is one of the guys that goes in the first. It's all going to come down to work ethic and commitment to get better and that's really hard to measure until you see the guy in practice day in and day out. I just don't see a Burrow or Herbert in this class.

If I was GM I'd be making legit offers with this hierarchy in mind.

1. Russel Wilson
2. Derek Carr
3a. Baker Mayfield
3b. Jameis Winston
3c. Jimmy Garapollo
3d. Teddy Bridgewater
4. Gardner Minshew
5. Carson Wentz

Last edited:
If I was GM I'd be making legit offers with this hierarchy in mind.

1. Russel Wilson
2. Derek Carr
3a. Baker Mayfield
3b. Jameis Winston
3c. Jimmy Garapollo
3d. Teddy Bridgewater
5. Carson Wentz
Until we get a button for "I disagree" that doesn't hurt someone's feelings, I'll have to keep posting. I still think that JW is the best choice for the good of the team as a whole. He's been in the system, he was improving game by game, we don't have to trade our future for him.

Until we get a button for "I disagree" that doesn't hurt someone's feelings, I'll have to keep posting. I still think that JW is the best choice for the good of the team as a whole. He's been in the system, he was improving game by game, we don't have to trade our future for him.
Give me the best QB you can for fair value and I'll take him.

My vote is keep the qbs we had this year. Get some real receivers, TEs and give them a chance. Also maybe we pray we can avoid the injury bug on the oline.

The team we have right now, if we can keep some of our FAs is damn good.

Watching the nfc playoffs I can’t help but think Jameis, Mike T, along with our D would have raised hell.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom