Potentially crazy trade idea.... (1 Viewer)

chad_moore

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Ok, we all know we need a solid MLB and CB, right? How does this sound for a "potential" trade idea.

Falcons trade D. Hall to the Jets for their second rounder. It's a high second rounder, so the Falcons might go for it.

Saints trade the Jets their first round (#10) for both D. Hall and J. Vilma.

Falcons would get an extra second round pick for the Hall trade...and a good second rounder at that!
Jets would get an extra first round pick for the trade of Vilma and Hall. They could then select either of the top DT's and still have the #10 pick to take McFadden is they so choose.

Saints lose their first rounder, but pick up a solid MLB and CB. This would allow us to retain the rest of our draft picks, select two areas of need through FA and save money on the signing of the first rounder to use towards signing Colston and Smith to long term deals.

Am I crazy or does this only make sense to me?

Why would Atlanta accept a second rounder for Hall when it appears as though the Giants have already put their first rounder on the table? :shrug:

Because the Giants are in the same Conference and the gap between the last pick in the first round and Jets second round pick is not that much. This would keep Hall from going within the conference, which teams usually prefer. Also, since the gap isn't that much the Falcons could still land a solid second rounder or a potential first rounder who slid and save a ton of cash....which they need since they don't have a ton of cap space.

that is one hell of a reach
If you mean the Saints trade, it's not, we are getting two pro bowl calibre players at defensive need positions. It is more than worth it.
If you mean the Falcons trade it is, because they can get a late first rounder for him, unless the Jets threw a 3rd or 4th and 5th on top of that high second.

It would be a great deal, but it is never ever ever going to happen.

If the Jets just got Hall, signed him to a signifigantly big deal, then traded him relatively quickly do they still take a big cap hit? If so even for a top 10 pick it's not worth it.

If you mean the Saints trade, it's not, we are getting two pro bowl calibre players at defensive need positions. It is more than worth it.
If you mean the Falcons trade it is, because they can get a late first rounder for him, unless the Jets threw a 3rd or 4th and 5th on top of that high second.

If the Jets just got Hall, signed him to a signifigantly big deal, then traded him relatively quickly do they still take a big cap hit? If so even for a top 10 pick it's not worth it.
it's a stretch because two young, up and coming playmakers, one the jets just traded for, helping make their team better, then trading them away for unproven talent unsure of the impact they would have? yeah, not happening
hall could go to the jets, but then trading vilma and hall to us? its a dream, nothing more

I love when people voice these Madden esque trade ideas that will never happen in a million years.

I love when people voice these Madden esque trade ideas that will never happen in a million years.

Try playing Front Office Football then - in that game you get trade offers from teams offering you a 4th round pick for your first rounder, Drew Brees, Scott Fujita and Reggie Bush. :)

I'm beginning to think I'm the only one on the board that doesn't want Vilma. If he doesn't fit the jets plans, then wait until they cut him and get him for free.

I agree a huge reach Hall has underachieved and Vilma is damaged goods.

You stepped away from "potentially crazy" and walked right into "guaranteed psycho ex-girlfriend nuts" with that one... :ezbill:

I'm beginning to think I'm the only one on the board that doesn't want Vilma. If he doesn't fit the jets plans, then wait until they cut him and get him for free.

If the Jets cut him, he'll be worth a look. Other than that, I wish him well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom