Pound the ball (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
up the middle with Latavius (spelling?). The pigeons are "just okay" as the commercial says against the run. I think up tempo too. With the crowd noise, all the substitutions cause delay of games and wasted time outs.

That could play to our advantage. If Seattle stacks the box, that could give Teddy the opportunity to throw it over their heads and gain some confidence back that he desperately needs.
Payton absolutely has to implement some "shot" plays in this game to loosen up the Seattle's defense and give Teddy/Taysom some confidence. If they think they're going to just run the ball against Seattle I think they're sadly mistaken.

up the middle with Latavius (spelling?). The pigeons are "just okay" as the commercial says against the run. I think up tempo too. With the crowd noise, all the substitutions cause delay of games and wasted time outs.

The Seahawks are definitely better than "just okay" against the run. The front 7 might be the best in the NFL...the secondary is the weakness of the defense.

Payton absolutely has to implement some "shot" plays in this game to loosen up the Seattle's defense and give Teddy/Taysom some confidence. If they think they're going to just run the ball against Seattle I think they're sadly mistaken.

This. Seattle's front 7 have been their strength so far, their secondary is the weakness. Not to say you CAN'T run on them, but so far the case is you're gonna have a bad time if that's your primary goal in order to win.

This. Seattle's front 7 have been their strength so far, their secondary is the weakness. Not to say you CAN'T run on them, but so far the case is you're gonna have a bad time if that's your primary goal in order to win.
This season they are 9th against the run. Not bad but really only above average. The Saints oline is better than 9th for sure. Of course it wouldn't be the only strategy. However there are a couple of goals. Eat up clock. Quiet the crowd and wear down their defense. Also make them respect the run so the passing game opens up.

The Seahawks are definitely better than "just okay" against the run. The front 7 might be the best in the NFL...the secondary is the weakness of the defense.
All due respect, the Saints faced the best front 7 last week. Wagner is a beast but he is an LB and Donald is DT. The question is "How do you keep them from blitzing every play?" Run the ball on them.

All due respect, the Saints faced the best front 7 last week. Wagner is a beast but he is an LB and Donald is DT. The question is "How do you keep them from blitzing every play?" Run the ball on them.

In any event, the Seahawks front 7 is very good and definitely the strength of the defense....they are difficult to run against. I am pretty sure Sean Payton knows this as well and is trying to figure out a way to exploit an inexperienced secondary but I hope he designs a run first game plan.

This. There's almost zero chance we "pound the ball" tomorrow. The "legion of boom" is gone, his name is Earl Thomas and he plays for the Ravens now. We are going to throw the ball.

I'm already braced for the low information "why didnt' Lommis run the ball" type posts from titans of football knowledge. It's going to be so awful. Hopefully it's at least in a win.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom