Pounding the rock (1 Viewer)

wowatkin

The People's Champ
Reaction score
We've all been complaining about the imbalance of running plays the past few weeks. Today, I still thought we could have run the ball a little more, especially in the third quarter. But anyways, when we come out and establish a lead, it's easier to run the ball. Deuce looked great, especially on that long run. And is it just me, but is Reggie starting to look great when he touches the ball? 5/24 doesn't sound like Heisman numbers, but it's the way he looks when rushing, as compared to early in the season. Deuce is and will continue to be the feature back, but Reggie is a great change of pace. I think it's because defenses are beginning to play him differently, because I'm starting to see opportunities to bounce it outside now. Won't be long fans, before he's on the highlight reel on a regular basis.

I thought the reasons for today's victory were: (1) most importantly, no turnovers; (2) better balance in the offensive game plan, with some critical runs by Deuce, espeically in the red zone; (3) Payton's aggresiveness; (4) Devery and Copper's play; (5) a bend but don't break defense; (6) Atlanta's league-worst receivers, who made sure that their team would not be able to come back in the second half. Deuce doesn't necessarily have to get a 100 yards, but those 80 or so yards he can give us if he gets 15-20 carries are crucial to setting up certain kinds of throws, keeping the heat off Drew, and giving us enough diversity to score in the redzone.

At present, our passing game is still what we do best.
As the running game improves, (which it seems to be doing lately) not only will we be running more, but it will put our receivers in more 'man' coverages. :D

And a more efficient offense is bound to help our defense too! :9:

I thought the reasons for today's victory were: (1) most importantly, no turnovers; (2) better balance in the offensive game plan, with some critical runs by Deuce, espeically in the red zone; (3) Payton's aggresiveness; (4) Devery and Copper's play; (5) a bend but don't break defense; (6) Atlanta's league-worst receivers, who made sure that their team would not be able to come back in the second half. Deuce doesn't necessarily have to get a 100 yards, but those 80 or so yards he can give us if he gets 15-20 carries are crucial to setting up certain kinds of throws, keeping the heat off Drew, and giving us enough diversity to score in the redzone.

I agree but move #6 to #2 reason. I like the way Bush was used today. He probably could have scored on that run to the left side if the receiver would have known how to block instead of dance in front of Reggie.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom