Powerful Gleason PSA ft. Brees, Vilma, Fujita, Moore and others!! (1 Viewer)

DAYUM!! Thanks for the share, and I feel obligated to share as much as possible.

It is nice to see so many different faces speaking about it too!

What is it with the love affair with an old 3rd string safety who blocked a punt one day. Why didnt we make a statue of the roach who recovered the blocked and actual locked up the points. Gleason did what he was paid to do, we owe the bountygate to gleason and his ethically correct sidekick who was recording the saints locker room speeches in a season that he wasnt even playing. Iv heard enough about Steve gleason and his ailment. Thanks to him and his moneymaking ways of having a book written on his behalf causing a snowball of fines and suspensions that lead to the saints dismal season

The forums for people with NO CLASS are that way ----------------------->>>

Very powerful, and I was glad to see it was players around the league past and present, or just Saints supporting the cause. Shows how much Steve's cause has reached people.

It's awful to see how Steve's condition has degraded so quickly. Stay strong Steve

What is it with the love affair with an old 3rd string safety who blocked a punt one day. Why didnt we make a statue of the roach who recovered the blocked and actual locked up the points. Gleason did what he was paid to do, we owe the bountygate to gleason and his ethically correct sidekick who was recording the saints locker room speeches in a season that he wasnt even playing. Iv heard enough about Steve gleason and his ailment. Thanks to him and his moneymaking ways of having a book written on his behalf causing a snowball of fines and suspensions that lead to the saints dismal season

Your trolling is abysmal.

:ugly9:

gtfohwts

Cried my eyes out when Steve blocked that punt. Kinda ticked off at dude above me blasting on him that way.

I was 13 years old when that happened and it's still my favorite Saints moment. I may have been young, but I cried like a baby when that punt was blocked. Getting tears now just thinking about it.

I just wanted to congratulate you for being the first person to make me use the ignore function.
Your lack of empathy is amazing!!

Steve Gleason is a public symbol of a debilitating disease that grips more people than you or I will ever know. Bringing awareness to more people is a vital step towards HOPEFULLY a better understanding of causes and eventually a cure. Furthermore, he carries a special place in the hearts and minds of Saints fan for, as you call it, "doing what he was paid to do". The return to Superdome was another symbol that had a bigger impact than we even realize to this day.

With that said, I applaud and support anyone willing to PUBLICLY fight this illness and was a part of a football team that gave this region hope after a terrible tragedy! WHO DAT!!!

For any TRUE Saints fan who has been a fan for at least 7 years, the impact of Steve's blocked punt coupled with the shutting down of the Falcons in the return game to the Dome after a year away, is immeasurable. Steve sealed his name into Saints folklore with that one play forever. It symbolized hope, the power to overcome adversity and the willingness to fight against all odds to rise above. It WAS and will forever be the Saints "No White Flags" moment.

Steve has continued that into his fight against ALS. He could have easily and understandably sunk into the shadows, lived out the remainder of his days sans the stress and toll that travel, public engagements, PSA's and the many other things he has done to raise awareness have done to his health and well being, and just enjoyed his remaining time with his family. Instead he has taken it upon himself to use his public image to not only bring ALS to light inside the NFL community, but into the general public. He has used this time to document his fight and his campaign for his child AND for the world to see.

I venture to guess he is a much braver man in doing so then almost anyone on here would be. Steve is a true hero. Yes as a Saint, but even more so, as a human being. No White Flags Steve!

i wanna throat punch this dude ^^

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom