Practice squad actives - week 1 (Fowler and Hunt) (1 Viewer)

So do they automatically go back during the week?

Yes :
Additionally, according to the new CBA, a team can carry up to 55 players on its roster during the week -- up from 53 in past years -- by elevating one or two players from its practice squad before 4 p.m. ET on the day before that team's game. This will allow teams a larger pool from which to select their 47 or 48 game-day active players. Any player elevated from the practice squad for this purpose will immediately revert to his team's practice squad on the day after the game.

I guess the only real downside of bringing these guys up is the increased risk of losing them if they happen to make an impact play during the game, and you don't immediately sign them to the active roster.

I guess the only real downside of bringing these guys up is the increased risk of losing them if they happen to make an impact play during the game, and you don't immediately sign them to the active roster.

The team can designate up to four PS players as “protected” - so they can’t be poached.

I know it sucks for Davenport to be out and hope he's back soon but it could be worse. Some teams injury situations is worse than ours.

So... do they still declare a game day “inactive list”... or are all 55 players active and eligible to play?

So... do they still declare a game day “inactive list”... or are all 55 players active and eligible to play?

Inactive list is still a thing

Starting this season, game-day active rosters, which used to be limited to 46 players per team, can include up to 48 players, provided that at least eight of those 48 are offensive linemen. (If not, the game-day roster size is limited to 47 players.)

I have high hopes for Granderson.

I do too. He flashed at times last year. At the Combine, he was listed at 6’5”, with 34 in arms, but weighed only 254. He definitely has the frame to add more weight, strength n muscle ( 10-15 lbs?). Hope he’s been workin on dat! To b an every down 4-3 DE, he’s gotta b able to set the edge against the run!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom