Pre-preseason Saints 53-man roster projection (1 Viewer)

• Admin
86457-29ede686a8c9b96d8750f33babeec61e.gif

By John Sigler | Saintswire

It’s too early for this but it’s happening anyway. Here’s my take on which 53 New Orleans Saints will make the 53-man opening day roster on the eave of preseason exhibition against the Jacksonville Jaguars:
Offense (24)

Quarterbacks (2): Drew Brees and Taysom Hill. Finally, the Saints can stop wasting a roster spot on a third quarterback. Hill has shown enough already to defeat Tom Savage and J.T. Barrett for backup duties in training camp, mainly by getting the offense lined up promptly when he’s in command. I would be surprised if Hill doesn’t continue to play special teams, though he may do more holding on kicks than gunning.

Running backs (4): Alvin Kamara, Boston Scott, Trey Edmunds, and Jonathan Williams. Mark Ingram is not cut, but he is designated to the suspended list to start the year. Shane Vereen and Terrance West have some ability left to work with, but Scott has definitely outplayed them initially. And if the Saints keep either Vereen or West after roster cuts they’ll have to guarantee their season salary, which doesn’t make sense with Ingram returning after just four games. Edmunds has done well in pass protection drills but I’d still keep Williams around to compete for reps. ...

Full Story - Saintswire - USA Today

Andrus Whitewing

Andrus Whitewing

Admin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom