Pre-season Meachem stat predictions (1 Viewer)

CMON PPL!

Colston 1500 yds 20tds, MEachem 1300 yds, 11 TDs, Patten 850 Yds, 7 Td's, Bush 800 Yds 8 Td's, Karney 50 Yds, 5 Td's ;), oh and henderson 400 yds on 10 receptions.. he drops the other 30 thrown to him.
Discounting Moore, Copper, and all our TEs, Brees throws for 4500 yards and 51 TDs. I could live with that.

Meachem - 54 rec. - 792 yards - 15 ypc - 3 TD's

Those were Pattens numbers last year and I'm hoping Meachem takes Pattens spot as the #2 some times and #3 some times.

you think he's injury prone, or are you hoping he is injury prone?.....you think his setbacks last year is the beginning of many more because.....? This seem like another example of a Saint Fan who is used to stuff not working out in our favor so your quick to just chalk it up as a L, before you get your hopes up and start believing again and then it not work out and your upset with yourself for thinking "maybe this time it will be different for us"?.....I mean I just gotta know why you typed what you typed, cause you really were specific, you just brought a dark cloud over this thread, atleast you can say why you feel this way...blank statements are to easy, show yourself.

He posts the same thing on each Meachem thread. Every single one. It's an obsession.

37 catches, 540 yards, 3 TDS - I hope I'm underestimating him :)

Realistically, I don't want to put a number on it. I like to think he'll play well enough that we all wish he'd played last year. I'd like to see a solid year with flashes of superior talent. This kid has a good attitude and anything approaching a good season should lead to bigger and better things.-*

Robert Meachem 78 catches for 1263 yrds for a 16.2 ypc average, 9 TD's

Optimistic I know but hey one can always dream can't he.

Realisitically, I think Meachem's stats for this coming year will mirror Henderson's stats for last year.....minus the drops and missed yardage from those drops. Henderson will probably see less playing time and Meachem will be used in his spot. I still believe Henderson was signed as a safety net incase Meachem doesn't meet expectations.

Meachem could see a higher number.....IF....he shows up early in the season and develops chemistry with Brees. Remember, Meachem was running the scout team, so he hasn't had the opportunity to gel with Brees like the other WRs. If indeed he does, you'll see Meachem slide over into Patten's role a little more and have a few more balls thrown his way.

I'm gonna say 20-30 catches 500 yards (20yds/catch) and 4 TDs....unless he lights it up and gains the confidence and chemistry with Brees. If that happens, I'll go with 45 catches for 900 yards (20 yds/catch) and 6 TDs.

Realisitically, I think Meachem's stats for this coming year will mirror Henderson's stats for last year.....minus the drops and missed yardage from those drops. Henderson will probably see less playing time and Meachem will be used in his spot. I still believe Henderson was signed as a safety net incase Meachem doesn't meet expectations.

Meachem could see a higher number.....IF....he shows up early in the season and develops chemistry with Brees. Remember, Meachem was running the scout team, so he hasn't had the opportunity to gel with Brees like the other WRs. If indeed he does, you'll see Meachem slide over into Patten's role a little more and have a few more balls thrown his way.

I'm gonna say 20-30 catches 500 yards (20yds/catch) and 4 TDs....unless he lights it up and gains the confidence and chemistry with Brees. If that happens, I'll go with 45 catches for 900 yards (20 yds/catch) and 6 TDs.

20 catches, 409 yards and 3 TD's would be very disappointing for Meachem, IMO. That's less than 1.5 catches a game. As much as we pass, that would be pretty sad.

He ran that in the 40 but he doesn't play that fast, that's why you can't get to enamored with these 40 times because judging by that he's about as fast as Bush(he ran a 4.33 I think). He aint that fast.

I say 33-580-6

where do you get he doesn't play that fast? none of us have seen him fully healthy in an NFL game. looks pretty quick in this video against the fastest athlete's in college football

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kqeNaOCTQvc&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kqeNaOCTQvc&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

where do you get he doesn't play that fast? none of us have seen him fully healthy in an NFL game. looks pretty quick in this video against the fastest athlete's in college football

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kqeNaOCTQvc&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kqeNaOCTQvc&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

When Meachem breaks those tackles in that video, he goes from almost falling to top speed very quick and it shows why his 40 was so good. You can definately tell he's fast from that video.......and you can see why this front office was so high on him. He made a couple of average to bad 5 yard passes by Ainge 50 yard TD's. That's not bad....:mwink:

This makes me think of a thread like this last year, where people were guessing at Reggie's stats. I remember saying that if we were on a Bengals forum, we'd be guessing like this:
8 indictments, 3 convictions 2 plea bargains..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom