Pre-Season Poll (1 Viewer)

How do you feel about the overall personnel moves the Saints have made so far?

• Love it: the Saints will be playoff bound in 2023

Votes: 48 66.7%
  • Hate it: the Saints will not be a good team in 2023

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • I'm on the fence - we'll see how it pans out

Votes: 15 20.8%
  • Don't want to respond, just show me the results

Votes: 8 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Ok, let's check the baseline for the Saints pre-season personnel moves (as of 3/18). Selections are anonymous.

It’s March so I’m all in for optimism in general but they’ve made the best possible moves with Carr, Mike T, Jamaal, and the new DTs. I don’t think they’re quite finished with free agency either.

It’s March so I’m all in for optimism in general but they’ve made the best possible moves with Carr, Mike T, Jamaal, and the new DTs. I don’t think they’re quite finished with free agency either.
Agreed. The player moves made so far are upgrades over 2022: Carr at QB, a healthy/motivated MT at WR1, Jamaal over Ingram, and the two new DTs were a bit more productive than Onyemata and Tuttle last season. Hate to lose Kaden Ellis, but he was due a payday. On another note, the new coaching hires are guys that owe loyalty to Dennis Allen. That wasn't necessarily the case in 2022, when DA inherited Payton's coaching staff, who may not have been as motivated to support DA's vision. It was healthy to replace the Payton loyalists for DA loyalists. Those who choose to be loyal to the Saints will remain.

My take isn't on the list: I like the moves, but questions about coaching and remaining personnel gaps make me think that they will just miss the playoffs.

I really like what Loomis/Hartley have been able to do, yet again, but still in a prove-it mindset with the coaches. I’m cautiously optimistic, even excited to see what Carmichael can do with upgraded offensive talent, given his past achievements.

I have so much Saints PTSD I’m afraid to have hope, but I’m human and they are simply crushing this free agency. Eff it Super Bowl appearance in Vegas! The nfl owes us a script at this point right? Sean is gone so let us live Roger 🥹😂

I think the Saints are 2023 NFCS champions.
I won’t go further because it’s only the middle of March.

Love it aside from the main one, which I’m lukewarm on. Hopefully it all pans out well. Division title and a playoff win.

My take isn't on the list: I like the moves, but questions about coaching and remaining personnel gaps make me think that they will just miss the playoffs.
Yeah, I should have had an "Other, see comments below" option, to capture more inputs. Plus, using "hate it" may have been too strong. Probably "Don't love it" would have been a more viable option for some. As the results stand right now, no one voted in an unfavorable manner, yet the subjective comments on this forum over the last few weeks have shown there are those who don't love the aggregate personnel moves the Saints have made. A standalone straw vote on DA and the coaching staff may be in order.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom