Preacher: Demons told me there were witches in my church (2 Viewers)

Agreed; however, I would hope it didn’t take this to push the congregation over the edge. You typically pick up the crazies pretty early on.

There are levels of crazy

There's anti-LGBTQ crazy

There's Democrats are evil pedophiles crazy

There's covid's a hoax crazy

There's anti mask, anti vax crazy

Then there's "I talk with demons, they say there's witches here and I trust the demons" crazy

Someone may have happily signed up for all the other crazy but a line has to be drawn somewhere

From the thread title I thought this was about the young reverend and the 2 goth "actresses" down in Da Parish.

From what I’ve heard there are a number of woman from his congregation accusing him of sexual misconduct and this is him setting up his defense.

“I didn’t twiddle their bits, they’re just saying that because they’re witches!”
To paraphrase Mayor For Life Marion Barry:

“Witch set me up!!”

So the Demon was basically a pimp for the witches.
No, the demon, if we’re going to call it in a metaphorical way or supposition, would likely be the pastor himself if these alleged accusations of sexual misconduct are true, and the “witches” are innocent types whose reputations he’s trying to ruin because his own is in serious peril.

Kierkegaard, the eminent Danish existentialist, once said that if Jesus Christ were to return in his same form in the 19h century, he’d likely be accused and convicted of many of the same crimes, heresies, seditious behavior the Jewish Sanhedrin convicted him of and then lied or exaggerated his role as a Jewish Zealot revolutionary to the Roman authorities who wouldn’t have crucified him merely for breaking Jewish religious laws. Doetskesky essentially made the same argument in the Grand Inquisitor. I think the same logic applies today probably infinitely more then it did 150-200 years ago.

No, the demon, if we’re going to call it in a metaphorical way or supposition, would likely be the pastor himself if these alleged accusations of sexual misconduct are true, and the “witches” are innocent types whose reputations he’s trying to ruin because his own is in serious peril.

Kierkegaard, the eminent Danish existentialist, once said that if Jesus Christ were to return in his same form in the 19h century, he’d likely be accused and convicted of many of the same crimes, heresies, seditious behavior the Jewish Sanhedrin convicted him of and then lied or exaggerated his role as a Jewish Zealot revolutionary to the Roman authorities who wouldn’t have crucified him merely for breaking Jewish religious laws. Doetskesky essentially made the same argument in the Grand Inquisitor. I think the same logic applies today probably infinitely more then it did 150-200 years ago.
4DD8E54B-D68F-4593-B407-F293CDCC104B.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom