Predict Season by Quarters to Get a More Accurate Estimate of Record: 11-5 (1 Viewer)

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
Reaction score
We all know that SP needs no COVID excuse for his teams to start out painfully slow. If we look at projections by quarter, this should give us a better idea of what to expect or if we don't hit these projections, how sucky it could be. I am not writing off this season yet. There's way too much talent on this team. And if we can get Dav back, that will free Cam.

1st Quarter: 2-2 This team beats the Lions
2nd Quarter: 3-1 Chargers, Panthers, Bucs (A), Bears (A). Split with Bears and Bucs. Win other 2
3rd Quarter: 3-1 Niners, Falcons, Broncos (A), Falcons (A). Split with Niners and Turds away. Win other 2
4th Quarter: 3-1 Eagles (A), Chiefs, Vikings, Panthers (A). Lose to Chiefs. Win the Rest
Final: 11-5

I think this is very realistic and we likely win the division with 11-5 especially if we can beat the Bucs in Tampa. And if Atlanta has folded for the season, the Saints could go 12-4.

I'm usually with you swimmer but I really don't think things are going to turn out well this year. Let's all hope for the best though.

This is a best case scenario IMO. I think 7-9 is almost as likely sadly. I really hope I'm wrong though.

To me, this game looks like a coin toss. The Saints can't afford to take any opponent for granted.

Of course, it doesn't really matter if fans think an opponent is an easy mark.

To me, this game looks like a coin toss. The Saints can't afford to take any opponent for granted.

Of course, it doesn't really matter if fans think an opponent is an easy mark.

Doug - if we don't beat the Lions, i am afraid this team is in trouble.

Anyone who is worried ... what did you think this team would do in 2017 after they started 0-2? What did you think this team would do in 2018 after they started 0-1 at home? This team starts slow... no panic until after next week.

8-8 team based off how we have played thus far. No game will be easy. Chargers, splitting with Atlanta and Carolina, and beating Philly are the only games I feel comfortable saying we can get a W. That’s 5 wins. If we turn things around we can find 3 more.

This just has the feel of a SP patented 7-9 season. Maybe we turn it around and go 10-6. But I haven’t seen anything to raise my hopes. Playcalling is putrid. Defense has been terrible. Situational awareness has been nonexistent with turnovers and penalties in critical moments. Just feels like the whole team isn’t feeling it this year.

Ok - ugly win. That sets our record for the 1st quarter to 2-2. Considering no offseason, Sean Payton's teams starting seasons so slow and the team awash with critical injuries, 2-2 is not really bad.

For the prediction to come true, we need to go 3-1 next quarter. If we do, which I believe we will, this team will fire into the playoffs.

Saints Record Predictions based on Quarterly Performance

2nd Quarter: 3-1 Chargers, Panthers, Bucs (A), Bears (A). Split with Bears and Bucs. Win other 2

1) Beat the Chargers go to 3-2 for the year and 1-0 for the 2nd quarter. 3-1 is my goal for this team in the 2nd quarter. This has been one bizarre off and regular season. Brees has looked human at times and the defense is too schizophrenic on a game to game basis to get really excited about the season. MT will be back, Janoris could be back and we have a healthy Davenport along with Kiko coming back. It is not an unrealistic goal to finish the next 3 games 2-1 which would put us at 5-3 going into quarter 3 and prime for the playoffs while we wait for the team to start clicking on all cylinders.

3rd Quarter: 3-1 Niners, Falcons, Broncos (A), Falcons (A). Split with Niners and Turds away. Win other 2
4th Quarter: 3-1 Eagles (A), Chiefs, Vikings, Panthers (A). Lose to Chiefs. Win the Rest
Final: 11-5

Until I see the Secondary and O-Line play with any kind of consistency for more than a couple of quarters.... I am thinking this is a 9 win team.

And honestly, with 7 playoff spots this year (and the NFC East being hot garbage) that's probably enough to get into the dance - and get "hot".

Who knows...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom