Predict the QB landing spots (4 Viewers)

Loose Cannon

Tangibles
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
This season has the most QB turnover of any that I can remember. We could see half of the league turn over their QB position. A lot of this will just be re-shuffling as there are guys that one team is moving on from that will start elsewhere.

Let's see how close we can get. This thread will be fun to revisit in about four months once it all shakes out to see who got close, etc.

Here is the list. We're guessing which team they end up on. Not necessarily who is the starter, what the situation is or any of that, purely which team do they end up on.

Drew Brees:
Teddy Bridgewater:
Taysom Hill:
Tom Brady:
Cam Newton:
Matt Stafford:
Philip Rivers:
Andy Dalton:
Derek Carr:
Jameis Winston:
Dak Prescott:
Ryan Tannehill:
Mitch Trubisky:

Joe Burrow:
Tua Tagovailoa:
Justin Herbert:

No.

JK...I'll give it a go in a minute.

Drew Brees: Saints - duh.
Teddy Bridgewater: Las Vegas Raiders or Bears to compete with Trubisky
Taysom Hill: Saints
Tom Brady: 49ers - wouldn't that be a sheet show? (The Saints have the second best odds of getting him for some reason according to an article I read the other day. LOL)
Cam Newton: Chargers (also drafting Jordan Love)
Matt Stafford: Lions
Philip Rivers: Retirement - he's not moving his 18 kids across the country.
Andy Dalton: Someone's backup - don't know where
Derek Carr: Las Vegas Raiders with competition from Bridgewater or traded away to Jacksonville (Foles isn't the answer - maybe we should add him to the list...)
Jameis Winston: Tampa
Dak Prescott: Dallas
Ryan Tannehill: Titans
Mitch Trubisky: Bears

Joe Burrow: Bengals
Tua Tagovailoa: Phins
Justin Herbert: Colts

Not on your list -
Jordan Love: Chargers

ETA: @Loose Cannon If you want to fight me over my list, you can meet me behind the swing set at early recess.

Last edited:
Why did you throw the rooks in?

I'll go first:

Drew Brees: Saints
Teddy Bridgewater: Chargers
Tom Brady: Patriots
Cam Newton: Indianapolis - total shot in the dark, I couldn't find a natural landing place for him
Philip Rivers: Bears - he's better than Trubisky by enough to probably put them in the playoffs - or at least this is what their GM thinks
Andy Dalton: Dolphins - stop gap for Tua for a year while he recovers from the injury and learns
Derek Carr: Raiders - Gruden seems to like him, though I'm not confident in this one
Jameis Winston: Bucs - the devil you know..
Dak Prescott: Cowboys - franchise tag, worst case, IMO
Ryan Tannehill: Titans - predicting them to be foolish here
Mitch Trubisky: Bears - they'll spin some story about him sitting behind Rivers for a year and learning and still having potential, but he'll be out of the league in a few years

Tua Tagovailoa: Dolphins (probably will have to trade up to #2)
Justin Herbert: Lions - another shot in the dark. I don't know where else to put him. NYG doesn't need a QB. Dolphins with Tua. Redskins just drafted Haskins. Carolina won't want a running QB. Zona has Murray. Jacksonville has Foles and Minshew. Cleveland has Mayfield. Etc. I think Herbert could fall further than people think.

The big question mark for me is the Jets. I don't know a lot about them or what they think about D'Arnold, but they could also be a landing spot for these middling vets like Dalton, Newton, or Rivers.

Last edited:
Because they're pivotal to where all of these guys land. Can't tell the story without at least these three rooks, IMO.
Okay, I'll give a try in a minute.

I'll go first:

Cam Newton: Indianapolis - total shot in the dark, I couldn't find a natural landing place for him
Matt Stafford: Panthers - this one makes a lot of sense to me if Brady is going to continue to want to gun-sling like he did at LSU.
Philip Rivers: Bears - he's better than Trubisky by enough to probably put them inthe playoffs
Andy Dalton: Dolphins - stop gap for Tua for a year
Derek Carr: Raiders - Gruden seems to like him, though I'm not confident in this one
Jameis Winston: Bucs - the devil you know..
Dak Prescott: Cowboys - franchise tag, worst case, IMO
Ryan Tannehill: Titans - predicting them to be foolish here
Mitch Trubisky: Bears - they'll spin some story about him sitting behind Rivers for a year and learning and still having potential, but he'll be out of the league in a few years

Tua Tagovailoa: Dolphins (probably will have to trade up to #2)
Justin Herbert: Lions - another shot in the dark. I don't know where else to put him. NYG doesn't need a QB. Dolphins with Tua. Redskins just drafted Haskins. Carolina won't want a running QB. Zona has Murray. Jacksonville has Foles and Minshey. Cleveland has Mayfield. Etc. I think Herbert could fall further than people think.

The big question mark for me is the Jets. I don't know a lot about them or what they think about D'Arnold, but they could also be a landing spot for these middling vets like Dalton, Newton, or Rivers.

This is a pretty good list, I think, but I could see Dalton in New England and Brady in Miami.

Taysom Hill: Patriots
Cam Newton: Buccaneers
Philip Rivers: Colts
Andy Dalton: Bengals
Derek Carr: Panthers
Jameis Winston: Raiders
Dak Prescott: Cowboys
Mitch Trubisky: Bears

Joe Burrow: Saints
Tua Tagovailoa: Bengals
Justin Herbert: Dolphins

Drew Brees: Retires
Teddy Bridgewater: Saints
Tom Brady: Raiders
Cam Newton: Chicago
Matt Stafford: Jacksonville
Philip Rivers: Retires
Andy Dalton: Panthers
Derek Carr: Dallas
Jameis Winston: Carolina
Dak Prescott: Bucs
Mitch Trubisky: Falcons

Tua Tagovailoa: Fins
Justin Herbert: Colts

Teddy Bridgewater: Bears
Tom Brady: Chargers
Cam Newton: Redskins
Matt Stafford: Detroit
Philip Rivers: Patriots
Andy Dalton: Back up somewhere, doesn't really matter
Derek Carr: Raiders
Jameis Winston: Tampa
Dak Prescott: Dallas
Mitch Trubisky: Backup somewhere, doesn't really matter

Joe Burrow: Cinci
Tua Tagovailoa: Saints (I really think he's going to drop and will be a great heir to Drew)
Justin Herbert: No idea

I edited mine a bit because I'm not sure I buy the Stafford rumors. But, what do yall think of Carolina?

That's a weird team because I could see Matt Rhule going after a mobile QB like Herbert and playing smash mouth kinda like Baltimore, but that doesn't fit Joe Brady's style. I don't see Brady wanting Herbert. I certainly don't see either Brady or Rhule wanting Cam. Which leaves them mostly without anyone.

The only free agents that I see as fits for what Carolina is going to want to run are Dalton, Bridgewater, Prescott and Tom Brady. Maybe Derek Carr. Of those, I think only Bridgewater (and Brady, I guess) is going to hit free agency without a new deal from their current team, with Dalton available in a trade.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom