+1, lol! Co-signed, my bro!

If I was making the calls, though, I'd personally go with:
Mike T
Tre'Quan
Kirkwood
Simmie
Em Butler
Harris
I'd also keep L'J Humphrey, but slap a hybrid TE distinction on him, and put Dan Arnold on the PS or just let him walk.

+1, lol! Co-signed, my bro!

If I was making the calls, though, I'd personally go with:
Mike T
Tre'Quan
Kirkwood
Simmie
Em Butler
Harris
I'd also keep L'J Humphrey, but slap a hybrid TE distinction on him, and put Dan Arnold on the PS or just let him walk.

You would let Tedd Ginn go? Our 2nd most reliable WR? I know he's getting up there in age, but he's still productive for us. Can't say I agree with that move.

Quite frankly, I can't even predict beyond Ginn, Thomas, and Smith who will make the team at WR, let alone supply a depth chart.

Agreed. I don't think Cobbs and Grayson make this team. And besides CGM, Teddy, and TQS, I don't know what the rest of the depth chart looks like.

You would let Tedd Ginn go? Our 2nd most reliable WR? I know he's getting up there in age, but he's still productive for us. Can't say I agree with that move.

I know, but i would let him go. I think the addition of Cook makes him expendable. Plus, I really believe in the young developing talent we have at the position. I think Tre'quan can take Ginn's place as a downfield threat, while guys like Kirkwood, Em Butler, and Simmie Cobb all have more upside and are better fits for Drew and his 40yr old arm.

I know, but i would let him go. I think the addition of Cook makes him expendable. Plus, I really believe in the young developing talent we have at the position. I think Tre'quan can take Ginn's place as a downfield threat, while guys like Kirkwood, Em Butler, and Simmie Cobb all have more upside and are better fits for Drew and his 40yr old arm.

GInn is more than a downfield threat. He's short, intermediate, and gadget as well.
Quan hasn't shown any gadget qualities yet.

Quan would become the fastest receiving threat we have, except for maybe Arnold... and do you really want to trust that?
I could see Keeping Grayson being an argument here, but without Ginn... you saw how defenses played us. The first 15 yards from the LOS looked like I-10 in Baton Rouge at rush hour in bad weather.

I know, but i would let him go. I think the addition of Cook makes him expendable. Plus, I really believe in the young developing talent we have at the position. I think Tre'quan can take Ginn's place as a downfield threat, while guys like Kirkwood, Em Butler, and Simmie Cobb all have more upside and are better fits for Drewsay f and his 40yr old arm.

I think letting him go is a lil premature at this point. He’s still fast n fairly RELIABLE, which I can’t say for the youngsters right now. Let’s see IF they can be consistent and productive this year FIRST, then we could revisit this during next offseason.

I think letting him go is a lil premature at this point. He’s still fast n fairly RELIABLE, which I can’t say for the youngsters right now. Let’s see IF they can be consistent and productive this year FIRST, then we could revisit this during next offseason.

Letting a player go a year too early is just as bad as letting one go a year too late when you don't have a proven replacement for him. Right now, we have 2 "potential" replacements for him in camp. Smith and Grayson. Neither have anywhere close to Ginn's proven production nor his proven versatility.

He's had a quiet camp, and last year he spent a large part of the season out with injury. No way to know if Ginn's lost a step or 100% fully healthy. We fans thought we were going to get to see where his speed was at during that TV competition thing. But he was a no-show for whatever reason.

To me, unless he's hurt or has shown the coaches that he's already fell off the cliff... He's on the team.

I’m a huge Harris fan. But I still wanna see what he does tomorrow. IF he can have another performance like last week, he’ll leave NO doubt, and make the 53!

That said, IMO, there’s no reason to include him with the WRs. As far as I know he hasn’t spent a whole lotta time at WR. Along with coming from a small school, it may well be that SP had a vision on Harris being a PR/KR from the getgo, and wants him to focus n develop there first n foremost. Harris might only be a one trick pony, but so far, it’s lookin like a pretty good trick!

Meanwhile, we usually have 3 players designated at STs: P, K, LS. Why not add Harris to that group as PR/KR n make it 4?
That way, his spot doesn’t have to come exclusively from WR, but another position, like say, DB.

Just a thought.

The idea of having:

Thomas, Arnold, Humprey, Butler and Smith or Kirkwood out there at the same time in the redzone should be making Payton drool.

Imagine all of that height and size at the goaline.

The idea of having:

Thomas, Arnold, Humprey, Butler and Smith or Kirkwood out there at the same time in the redzone should be making Payton drool.

Imagine all of that height and size at the goaline.

I think you have to replace Arnold with Cook... and THAT, would be terrifying... for Failcons. ?

1) Thomas
2) Smith
3) Kirkwood
4) Carr
5) Grayson/Cobbs/Butler
6) Harris
PS) Grayson/Cobbs/ Butler/Humphry

I'm just not sold on Ginn making another season with his salary, his injuries, his contributions, & his catch percentage last season. I think there's just too much young talent on this team that can develop & do more for less.

Top 6 plus 2 to the practice squad if they don't get snatched up

1. Mike Thomas
2. Tedd Ginn Jr
3. Tre'Quan Smith
4. Keith Kirkwood
5. Cyryl Grayson
6. Deonte Harris

PS
7. Emmanuel Butler
8. "Lil" Jordan Humphrey

5 through 8 is really tough to predict. You could draw their names and have has much chance getting it rigjt.

I think you missed Carr, in place of Kirkwood, TBH. Unless Butler and LJH sufdenly and just overwhelmingly do something so incredible these last two games when the lights are on, they go to the PS. Harris and Grayson have not only showed up in camp, but when they were afforded their opportunity under the lights, they have shined. Harris; a very special knack and ability on PR’s and KOR’s that this team has been needing for quite some time. And Grayson with his very special ability with his world class speed, to get downfield on both kickoffs and punts as the first player, altering the returners return and forcing the returner into the strength of the coverage. Add in, is ability to get open and catch the football as a WR. He and Harris both make the 53 to start the season. Kirkwood being injured unfortunately may lead to him being released with an injury settlement. Bad timing to be injured, but NFL players know that. Just bad luck happens.

I love Butler and LJH, but need to see more from them when the lights are on, not just from doing things in practice, though LJH has a leg up in that regard, on Butler. Butler needs to bring it the last two preseason games.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom