Predict the WR depth chart (1 Viewer)

Kirkwood posted faster 40 times than Smith. Just saying.

I think Kirkwood and Butler can play slot, and Cook will make Slot less important.
40 times in underwear are meaningless. I wish they'd run it in full pads so we can see what their football speed is.

Ingram was never a burner but posted the fastest speed (like 22 mph) in a game on a long run last year out of all the RB's in the league.

it doesnt seem like Butler and Kirkwoods speed translates to the field like Smiths does. we have always had the moore/snead slot guy that i think Carr fits. small, quick and reliable. I actually liked the way Harris looked on the route and catch he did. maybe look at him in the slot as well

Harris is exciting, but someone that small can get knocked off his route. I think Payton likes big guys, so will use one in the slot. I think Butler would make a great large slot player.

Harris is exciting, but someone that small can get knocked off his route. I think Payton likes big guys, so will use one in the slot. I think Butler would make a great large slot player.
that and i think a QB or the shorter side could have trouble finding a 5'6 guy going across the middle as well

40 times in underwear are meaningless. I wish they'd run it in full pads so we can see what their football speed is.

Ingram was never a burner but posted the fastest speed (like 22 mph) in a game on a long run last year out of all the RB's in the league.

You can also say that about most big WR's. A 6-3 6-4 WR that posts 4.5 speed can outrun 4.4 DB's when they get those long legs moving in the open field.

i'm sure Smith will make the 53, but If I had any say-so, I'd put Humphrey in his spot. I've really never been that impressed with Smith.
Thomas, Ginn, Kirkwood, Butler, Humphrey, Harris, or maybe be put Humphrey on the PS if he clears. And put Carr in his spot.
Harris is a weapon in more than the return game. You can put him out in space with quick WR screens and have him in the same spot as he would be returning punts, in space.

that and i think a QB or the shorter side could have trouble finding a 5'6 guy going across the middle as well
The jet sweep (and PA fake on that) would likely be his most used play as a wide receiver since defenses will know the speed he's got from seeing him return kicks.

i'm sure Smith will make the 53, but If I had any say-so, I'd put Humphrey in his spot. I've really never been that impressed with Smith.
Thomas, Ginn, Kirkwood, Butler, Humphrey, Harris, or maybe be put Humphrey on the PS if he clears. And put Carr in his spot.
Harris is a weapon in more than the return game. You can put him out in space with quick WR screens and have him in the same spot as he would be returning punts, in space.

I like your thinking about Harris.

Smith always reminded me of Brandon LaFell, who never was really a solid No. 2. Not to say he was a bad player, he definitely contributed, and Smith can contribute. I think he's a keeper, but I think Kirky and Butler can get more 50/50 balls and YAC.

Last edited:
Man, I feel like Smith will make the team as well but he hasnt been showing much and if he was not drafted so high i think he would be gone.

I say Thomas, Ginn, Tre Smith, Carr, Kirkwood, and Harris

What I want.

1. Mike Thomas
2. Tedd Ginn Jr
3. Tre'Quan Smith
4. Keith Kirkwood
5. Emmanuel Butler
6. Lil Jordan Humphries
7. Deonte Harris

What I think we’ll get.
1. Mike Thomas
2. Tedd Ginn Jr
3. Tre'Quan Smith
4. Keith Kirkwood
5. Emmanuel Butler
6. Deonte Harris
As much as I like Trequan, he does have skinny legs...I am thinking Humphries climbs the ladder....of course, just speculation..I did get to see Butler, looked good...I actually like Humphries better, but don't have much film to look at really....time will tell....love Harris returning...he is a burner!

Top 6 plus 2 to the practice squad if they don't get snatched up

1. Mike Thomas
2. Tedd Ginn Jr
3. Tre'Quan Smith
4. Keith Kirkwood
5. Cyryl Grayson
6. Deonte Harris

PS
7. Emmanuel Butler
8. "Lil" Jordan Humphrey

5 through 8 is really tough to predict. You could draw their names and have has much chance getting it rigjt.
Its a nice problem to have...I would hate to have to make the call on this...but...I do feel like Humphries has shown enough to at the least be on the practice squad...and
I personally think he looks more promising than Quan...I like Quan...I do...I am just saying Humphries edges him out in my mind...I have not seen Simmie Cobb play, but I watched film on him....the boy can catch...and he is good sized...I admit I haven't seen much of Grayson...Butler on film looks good too..but the film on Humphries and the little I have seen in preseason...I would have him as the number two....but I'lll settle for letting him play his way in from the PS...Hey, that Mike Thomas guy looks pretty good....ha ha...

Top 6 plus 2 to the practice squad if they don't get snatched up

1. Mike Thomas
2. Tedd Ginn Jr
3. Tre'Quan Smith
4. Keith Kirkwood
5. Cyryl Grayson
6. Deonte Harris

PS
7. Emmanuel Butler
8. "Lil" Jordan Humphrey

5 through 8 is really tough to predict. You could draw their names and have has much chance getting it rigjt.
I don't think Trequan's position as the 3 is secure at all...I like the guy, and was glad he was here last year after Ginn went down...but to cement him at 3, with the talent we now have to choose from? I just don't see it...he has skinny legs...just go watch film on Humphries, Cobb, Butler and Grayson...man...we really have a crop of big guys who can shake and bake, and really catch anything....I like Hump because of his physicality during and after the catch....but all these guys look very good...and I love Kirkwood, but, hey, decisions are coming.....its gonna be interesting.......

I guess I'm just not in that Jordan Humphrey camp. Sure he's had a TD and catch in a pre season game against the 2's, 3's but I have read or seen enough productivity through out camp.

Good practice squad candidate. He needs polish & coaching up.

Seems pretty obvious to me right now (switch 4 and 5 however you want)...

1. Mike Thomas
2. Tedd Ginn Jr
3. Tre'Quan Smith
4. Emmanuel Butler
5. Keith Kirkwood
6. Deonte Harris

CGM
Ginn
TQS
Kirkwood or Butler (one to the PS or gone all together)
Waiver claim or trade player (depending on how good, they may move up this chart)
Harris

PS candidates: Kirkwood/Butler, Grayson, Humphrey

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom