Predict tomorrow’s major distraction (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And there it is.. this morning’s distraction.. though we all knew it was coming.. Just more evidence of how out of control this Supreme Court is .

E6AA5179-4DBD-4753-B057-BF3FA9B21755.jpeg

So you believe this is a distraction by the Supreme Court to divert attention away from their abortion fiasco?

But to be real. Everyone has the right to individually express themselves. But others should not be forced, or pressured to comply. This coach was acting on his own behalf and was not forcing others to comply. Though I am against any individual expressions of personal choices at sporting events. Sporting events are sporting events and are intended as entertainment. They are not intended for expressing one’s beliefs. That is just my opinion.

So you believe this is a distraction by the Supreme Court to divert attention away from their abortion fiasco?

But to be real. Everyone has the right to individually express themselves. But others should not be forced, or pressured to comply. This coach was acting on his own behalf and was not forcing others to comply. Though I am against any individual expressions of personal choices at sporting events. Sporting events are sporting events and are intended as entertainment. They are not intended for expressing one’s beliefs. That is just my opinion.
So you’re saying the coach should not have done this?

So you’re saying the coach should not have done this?
I dont think it should matter as long as he isnt pressuring anyone and it is after the game. Dont care.

I also expect noone to care when a Muslim coach does the same or if a satanic player wants to conjure the devil is standing right next to him. Dont care.

As long as it isnt forced and as long as it is equally applied. I really dont care.

As long as it isnt forced and as long as it is equally applied. I really dont care.
My issue is we had Christian, Athiest, Muslim, Hindu, Sikh, and even a Taoist on my football team. The coach would lead the lords prayer and it was voluntary... but everyone did it.

Why? Because HS and being a teenager sucks, you dont want togive anyone a reason to single out, ridicule, or ostrasize you. This is particularly true of a team environment where by design everyone does things together.

A coach, a person of authority on the team, conducting a prayer... is implicity forcing participation of all the team, because there are very real social concequences for not participating.

I think a coach praying publicly shouldn't be a big issue, but when he starts leading students in prayer it should be an issue. It's so hard not to play favorites or to feel pressure when an authority figure invites you to do something as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom