Predict tomorrow’s major distraction (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, who had ‘Mormon Crickets’ on their bingo card? It seems that they are creating a locust plague ‘of Biblical proportions’ out west. Oregon is in the bullseye at present, but since they favor times of extreme heat & drought, it’s not hard to imagine a migration south and east of where they are currently menacing the west coast. Yikes! :covri:

Aren’t those the “behind closed doors” classified because of national security hearings?
Pretty sure the Senate Intel committee will be having a public hearing in the next 30 days.

Didn’t you once leave some girl at a gas station? Was that her?
I didn’t leave her at a gas station, I just took her to an Exxon for dinner after a school dance.

This was a different girl.
Please tell us you told her, “Sorry, it’s a no for me dawg”.
How interesting is it that two of the greatest Randy Jackson’s in music history hail from the boot?

But no, I didn’t tell her that, I told her we need to break up at Camillia Grill, then I took a street car down to the French quarter to listen to some jazz at snug harbor. I only heard from her once after that, and it was one of those “I miss you calls.” She was a crazy hot girl, just the crazy outweighed the hot.

I didn’t leave her at a gas station, I just took her to an Exxon for dinner after a school dance.

How interesting is it that two of the greatest Randy Jackson’s in music history hail from the boot?

But no, I didn’t tell her that, I told her we need to break up at Camillia Grill, then I took a street car down to the French quarter to listen to some jazz at snug harbor. I only heard from her once after that, and it was one of those “I miss you calls.” She was a crazy hot girl, just the crazy outweighed the hot.
You took her to an Exxon for dinner, you ought just as well have left her there. It couldn't get any worse :ezbill:

Worth reposting:

And there it is.. this morning’s distraction.. though we all knew it was coming.. Just more evidence of how out of control this Supreme Court is .

E6AA5179-4DBD-4753-B057-BF3FA9B21755.jpeg
Maybe, but I think most people who have been paying attention could see this coming a mile away. Hardly a surprising decision.

Actually, as a country, we've made more progress, albeit through many unnecessary, tragic school shootings and at supermarkets, on some gun reform, through bipartisan support, that likely wouldve seemed unplausible to even some on the left hell, even 6 months ago. LGBTQ rights have made tremendous inroads and widespread support from most segments of the population then it did 20 years and infinitely more so then it did 40-45 years ago when gay rights movement was viewed as a bit of a fringe movement and concepts like same-sex unions, gay marriages werent seen as plausible eventual realities. The first state to legalize gay marriage/same-sex unions was Vermont back in the late 90's, IIRC.

I'm sure and I'm willing to even concede that most of the conservative SCOTUS justices have idealogical streaks a mile long, is pervasive and all-consuming to their judicial philosophy and influences, but I swear to you, terps, as much as we might both view Kavanaugh, Barrett, or Alito as judicial idealogues, they are all choir boys, and nuns compared to how bad and corrosive Justice Clarence Thomas views. He's 15-20x more partisan and more of a loose cannon then the rest of them. He's openly said for years he hopes to make liberals lives' a living hell for 43 years until he retires, is very vindictative almost on a venomous scale, holds grudges against every single person who made a halfway disdainful, critical remark towards him.

So that last paragraph is really just a long way of saying he married the right wacko?

Looking back on it now (having 4 daughters of my own), you are probably right. At the time though it seemed like a great idea.
Your reply when you first mentioned the Exxon dinner and someone asked for clarification was “We all make mistakes. What’s important is that we learn from them” :ezbill:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom