Predictably, Jarvis Jones says he’s fine (1 Viewer)

treeduck

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Predictably, Jarvis Jones says he’s fine

Posted by Mike Florio on March 3, 2013, 3:14 PM EST

AP
Last weekend, multiple reports emerged that multiple teams had taken Georgia linebacker Jarvis Jones off their draft boards, for the same reason USC took Jones off the Trojans roster.

Spinal stenosis.

It’s a narrowing of the spine that makes a football player more susceptible to a spinal-cord injury. Thus, some doctors (like those at USC) won’t be comfortable signing their names to paperwork clearing the player for potential paralysis.

Predictably, Jones scoffs at the report.

Predictably, Jarvis Jones says he

God I hope he falls to us that would be incredible

I hope we can get him. I think he would have that Ray Lewis, Aldon smith type of player and impact.

Ya, Jones is by far, the guy to get. Without the madical flags, he's easily a top 5-10 talent. Its crazy to think he may fall, but it seems like a possibility now. 2months ago, it was a pipe dream to think he'd be available to us at 15. Now him & Werner may be there. I love it! Jones or Werner would be huge for us!

Mingo would be ok, I guess, but Jones and Jordan would be way, way better. I know must fans here are also LSU supporters, but Mingo is a pure potential pick. Mingo has not been nearly a game changing force that Jones has been in the college ranks. Jones destroyed opponents and took over games and changed entire game plans. Mingo never dominated a game in this manner once. Sure, I'm all for taking Mingo, but not ahead of Jones or Jordan or some of the other highly rated linemen that may still be there at #15.

Jarvis is a top 3 talent, this kid dominated the sec

Mingo would be ok, I guess, but Jones and Jordan would be way, way better. I know must fans here are also LSU supporters, but Mingo is a pure potential pick. Mingo has not been nearly a game changing force that Jones has been in the college ranks. Jones destroyed opponents and took over games and changed entire game plans. Mingo never dominated a game in this manner once. Sure, I'm all for taking Mingo, but not ahead of Jones or Jordan or some of the other highly rated linemen that may still be there at #15.

Les Miles clearly played him outta position. Anyway, I'd much rather a pure potential pick than a pick with a high potential to injure himself outta the league within 4 yrs

Btw, LSU is ok but I'm no diehard for them. I bleed black n gold 1st n foremost

Not sure, a spinal disease for a LB is nothing to take lightly. There constantly making head/spine contact.

I think Dion Jordan will be LONG gone by the time we pick. I could see him going to Jacksonville because they use a LEO defense.

If Mingo and Jones were both on the board for us (again, unlikely), then we have to pick Jarvis Jones.

I really hope he doesn't permanently damage his health by trying to play the game with a condition like this. Would love to see him as a Saint but not if it meant he'd get a lifelong injury out of it. Nobody deserves that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom