Prediction: Comeback player of the year will be either Dak or Jameis (1 Viewer)

SaintsBrah

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Dak had an incredible game last night- especially given his long road to recovery and tough Tampa D.

I think we’ll see a tight race between these two for comeback player of the year. If the Saints make the playoffs this year it’ll be extremely hard for them to not recognize Winston’s career resurrection.

Obviously it is early- but it seems the stage is set for them if they have a good year.

Looking forward to both guys having a great year

Has the comeback player of the year ever not been someone returning from major injury ?

Dak has it locked up. It'll seemingly always go to someone who is recovering from a major injury or whatever. It's not like the NBA's 'most improved player'.

I just can't help but admire Dak. Guy is a warrior and a true professional.

Agreed. I was critical of him in his early years because while his numbers were good I felt like he struggled throwing with anticipation. He looked like he was on another level last night.

Give it to Dak already. Just seeing his level of play last night following the disturbing nature of his injury last season makes it feel like there isn’t a more worthy recipient.

I believe it was/is a legitimate question. I’m not going to try and deny that I am not a fan of Jameis Winston, but I really don’t understand how he could qualify for CPOTY based on how things have gone for him.

Don't go there, you know what you did. You couldn't resist throwing in "sketchy history of off-field issues.." which was unnecessary and has zero to do with him not winning this award and has zero to do with losing his job as a starting quarterback.

This whole putting your hands up in the air and pleading innocent every time you take a potshot at our quarterback is tiring. Just stop.

Dak has never had a problem putting together an amazing game but has always struggled with consistency. Unless the Cowboys can figure out how to score in the red zone they aren't going to win many games. They won the turnover battle last night 4-1 and still lost even with the Bucs making some key mistakes. If LF7 catches that screen instead of tipping it up for a pic, if Godwin doesn't drop that long pass and if Godwin doesn't fumble going into the endzone on the following drive the Bucs when that game by 30.

Perhaps the brakes should be pumped. Of the 273 NFL games this season, 1 has been played.

Saquon Barkley is someone I think could put together a massive season. His insane work ethic to get back and is one of the few that could come back even better after the injury.

Speaking of LF7, he could have a monster season in that offense but he has lost that killer instinct he had at LSU and early with Jacksonville. Watching him last night slow down before contact with defensive backs made me sad. At some point he is going to realize that he is on the last year of a contract and has the chance to hit pay dirt with a big year. I don't think he qualifies for comeback player of the year though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom