Prediction on Zach Thomas' decision (1 Viewer)

syracuse saint

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I don't have any evidence to support this theory, but I just have a feeling that Thomas will reach a decision before completing a full tour next week. I feel like he is going to meet with the Cowboys and maybe one other team early next week and just reach a decision.

I don't have a feel of which team he will pick, but I am changing my feeling that it will be either us, the Cowboys or a team he visits early next week.

Anyone else feel this way?

I'm thinking he either goes NFC or AFC. I don't see it panning out any other way.

Well, his agent has already said he'll be signed by early next week before FA starts....so yeah...

or maybe you just read this and wanna sound cool by actin like you didn't

Thomas speeding up process- John Clayton ESPN: Friday, February 22, 2008
Apparently, Zach Thomas couldn't wait until next week. After making visits to New England and New Orleans earlier this week, Thomas -- who was scheduled to meet with Dallas and Houston next week -- decided to fly to Indianapolis Friday and meet with the Cowboys at the NFL scouting combine.

Once Thomas arrives in town, he might meet with several more teams to speed up the negotiating process. Thomas would like to have a deal in place before the Feb. 29 start of free agency. He was released by the Dolphins on Feb. 14.

With Rosehaus as his agent, the high bidder wins, plain and simply.

I think he ends up with the Cowboys as well.

OK,

Thomas has stated he wants to go to a team with a chance to will it all. (chiche time there, LOL)

Just as all former Dolphins he will sign with the Pats (I made that up, but it makes sense).

The catch is not knowing what the 3 condenders offer compared to each other.

A winner? He's got us (I'm serious there), Pats and Cowgirls. The teams with no chance are just a smokescreen.

I think what matters is money. Maybe not. Maybe he wants to start for a team with a playoff chance.

ddd

I predict we get him with a 3 year contract...

At first, I feared the Cowboys getting him, but I think the fact that he stepped up his meeting from next Tuesday to today with the Cowboys means that he wants a decision quickly. We must have blown away the Pats offer and either put a timetable on it or he wants to get a deal done before trade talks heats up with Vilma. That may be a smokescreen by us or for real. Either way, I like the way we are being aggressive early.

or maybe you just read this and wanna sound cool by actin like you didn't

Thomas speeding up process- John Clayton ESPN: Friday, February 22, 2008
Apparently, Zach Thomas couldn't wait until next week. After making visits to New England and New Orleans earlier this week, Thomas -- who was scheduled to meet with Dallas and Houston next week -- decided to fly to Indianapolis Friday and meet with the Cowboys at the NFL scouting combine.

Once Thomas arrives in town, he might meet with several more teams to speed up the negotiating process. Thomas would like to have a deal in place before the Feb. 29 start of free agency. He was released by the Dolphins on Feb. 14.

No, i didn't read this. I am saying that I don't think that he will wait until the Feb. 29th date that Drew Rosenhaus mentioned. I just have a feeling on something. Not trying to "just sound cool". That was uncalled for. Been a member way too long to be accused of that kind of behavior. Don't talk to me like I am a practice squader posting for the first time JA.

No, i didn't read this. I am saying that I don't think that he will wait until the Feb. 29th date that Drew Rosenhaus mentioned. I just have a feeling on something. Not trying to "just sound cool". That was uncalled for. Been a member way too long to be accused of that kind of behavior. Don't talk to me like I am a practice squader posting for the first time JA.

sorry man no hard feelings, i guess i just have a hard time taking anyone serious when they have BONO as their ID PICTURE.... nothing personal, Bono is just the worst thing ever, guess that's why i sounded a lil Drab, that and if you look at the board today it is littered with the same threads over and over....

Here's the thing.....he may like us and besides money, you don't know what they told him yesterday. He knows we have the offense to go, but saw the kind of defense we have.

Did Loomis and Payton tell him he's the first part of the puzzle? That we will (attempt) to bring in other top defensive guys(Briggs for example) in to complete the missing pieces? Who knows. We know he's from Texas and Dallas went further than we did last year and seem to be poised to make another run, while we are trying to overhaul the defense.

If Thomas signs with us, I then expect heavy movement on our part to bring in other defensive FA and rookies and take care of our own key offensive FA to get us over the hump.

I'm usually pretty negative when I make predictions that involve the Saints, but I honestly think we have a great chance. We have both of the things he wants. We have a chance to contend for a Super Bowl and we have the room under the cap to offer him some good money.

sorry man no hard feelings, i guess i just have a hard time taking anyone serious when they have BONO as their ID PICTURE.... nothing personal, Bono is just the worst thing ever, guess that's why i sounded a lil Drab, that and if you look at the board today it is littered with the same threads over and over....

I did that after he did "the Saints are coming" and he came to the Dome on September 17, 2006. I never changed it because I think that was a cool thing and I won't forget that day, ever. Sorry if it offends, I will think of a new avatar I guess. I realize there are a lot of ZT threads, but I am telling you that I just had an overwhelming feeling, like Nostradomus or something.

Cuse, any feelings on Briggs aswell?....If your being Nostradomus and all......lol.

I did that after he did "the Saints are coming" and he came to the Dome on September 17, 2006. I never changed it because I think that was a cool thing and I won't forget that day, ever. Sorry if it offends, I will think of a new avatar I guess. I realize there are a lot of ZT threads, but I am telling you that I just had an overwhelming feeling, like Nostradomus or something.

I think everyone is just busting your chops(I was). Don't take it personally. :bigok:

If it makes you feel better I found a great new avy for you.

http://www.occultopedia.com/images_/nostradamus2.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom