Prediction: Saints Move Up to Draft Tua if he falls Past 5 (Agree/Disagree?) (1 Viewer)

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
Reaction score
It's clear that Cincy is not trading the Burrow pick for any amount of draft capital and players. I just hate to see Burrow get stuck in QB Hell.

It's quite clear that SP loves mobile QBs. Tua actually fits that better than Burrow. (I still wanted Burrow). If Tua didn't have the injury, he was 1B with Joe being 1A as franchise QBs coming out of this draft. He has all the checkboxes including the intangibles of leadership and playing great in big games. I could see SP having a field day designing schemes for Tua. And I don't think SP or Loomis will shy away from getting a franchise QB who has some minor, yet legit, injury concerns.

If Tua falls past the Chargers, I think the Saints will put a huge package together and go after Tua.

Do you all Agree or Disagree?

I say only if he falls to a certain numbers. But even if he falls there are a few teams right above us that needs a quarterback. They will move up before we do. New England as a prime example.

Disagree.

1. Brees is probably done after this year. We need to get an impact player for THIS year.
2. Taysom has proved and earned his shot at being Drew's successor. He'll be Drew's back up this year and we'll almost assuredly sign another free agent QB with experience to back him up.
3. IMO. Tua is a boom or bust prospect and not worth moving up for.

disagree

The Hill experiment has not even reached its beginning yet. They are not throwing in the towel on that project for a guy who can't prove to stay healthy. Multiple injuries is much different from one serious injury like Brees and Teddy had.

plus there is no way they are passing up a guy who can contribute heavily this year, Drew's last run.

I say if he falls to the mid teens, the Patriots will also try to make a move at that point. Let’s not forget. The Patriots need a QB. There has been very little about them leading up to this draft.

Assuming a season, I cannot believe that New England play the 2020 season with the quarterbacks currently on its roster. Further, as everyone knows, the relationship between Belichick and Saban is a close one. I have to believe that if Tua falls into the teens, New England will make a major effort to trade up. I also believe the Saints will make an effort, but we don't have the draft capital to make the trade--unless we include a veteran player of note.

On one hand it would stink to draft a player that isn't going to make an impact this year. This is our last waltz with Drew and trading away a bunch of picks to draft a guy who will stand on the sideline would sting.

On the other hand it sure would be nice to have this guy after Drew retires. He was the consensus #1 pick heading into last season. If he wasn't injured there would've been a major debate between Tua and Burrow.

So I'd love to have Tua but trading away a lot to move up to get him is a scary proposition due to his injury history.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom