Preffered Satellite back Adrian Killins or Clyde Edwards Hillaire? (1 Viewer)

Best Satellite back Adrien Killins or Clyde Edwards Ellaire?

• Adrian Killins

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I remember that you liked David Johnson as much as I did a few years back.

I like a number of backs in this class but I think even most LSU fans here would agree that CEH is probably the best suited for this offense of all LSU prospects this year.

However, Killins is no slouch and had 7 catches for 91 yards in the shrine game and seems to be just scratching the surface of his receiver ability at RB.

He moves so much like Reggie it's incredible.
Yep, David Johnson one hurt. Still couldn't beleive we passed on him for a "future replacent" for Brees. He was out of the league before Brees and Johnson is still a freak.

Not against Killins, just really think they are completely different types of back. I think CEH is a starting 3 down RB in the NFL and those are pretty rare. Killens reminds me a lot of Duke Johnson, lot of hype, kind of raw but a lot of speed. It's getting harder for me to judge these underweight backs, so many bust but in recent years they've succeeded more.

I'm big on a few LSU players but the only one I really think makes sense at our draft spot is CEH and Jefferson on offense. On defense I really like Patrick Queen, thought he was about to become the type of LB that would be a top 10 pick if he stayed at LSU but also really wanted to see what that looked like. Right now I'd feel better about him in the 2-4th round and I don't think he'll make it that far after the way he closed out the season.

I'm usually really good at knowing which LSU players will succeed in the NFL except at pass rusher so I'm not a homer. Even though I did miss on Tre White, didn't expect him to be that good. Honestly though, I have watched a fraction of the football outside of LSU games that I used to watch so I'm not nearly as confident as I once was.

They are the exact same height and combine weight.

5'7 207 lbs.

But Jones-Drew was considerably faster at 4.39.

Jones-Drew also had a 300 yard rushing game once, iirc.
Right, that's what I was saying. Coming out of college they both look super similar. Whether or not CEH grows tree trunks like MJD I can't say. MJD was faster, CEH is more elusive. Both run very similar between the tackles.

Jones Drew had a 300 yard game once. Jones Drew was also featured in the offense and didn't take a back seat to the passing game.

Yep, David Johnson one hurt. Still couldn't beleive we passed on him for a "future replacent" for Brees. He was out of the league before Brees and Johnson is still a freak.

Not against Killins, just really think they are completely different types of back. I think CEH is a starting 3 down RB in the NFL and those are pretty rare. Killens reminds me a lot of Duke Johnson, lot of hype, kind of raw but a lot of speed. It's getting harder for me to judge these underweight backs, so many bust but in recent years they've succeeded more.

I'm big on a few LSU players but the only one I really think makes sense at our draft spot is CEH and Jefferson on offense. On defense I really like Patrick Queen, thought he was about to become the type of LB that would be a top 10 pick if he stayed at LSU but also really wanted to see what that looked like. Right now I'd feel better about him in the 2-4th round and I don't think he'll make it that far after the way he closed out the season.

I'm usually really good at knowing which LSU players will succeed in the NFL except at pass rusher so I'm not a homer. Even though I did miss on Tre White, didn't expect him to be that good. Honestly though, I have watched a fraction of the football outside of LSU games that I used to watch so I'm not nearly as confident as I once was.
Lol.

Ouch. Was that the Garrett Grayson draft? Time escapes me. Wow.

IDK, Duke Johnson was a 4.5 guy.

A lot of people think that Killins could have tied or beaten Henry Ruggs' combine 40. Guy is a burner.

Even if he fails at Running back he might stll be a great 3rd down back or KR like Beerman Michael Lewis was once under Haslett.

I really like Murray and Queen but I think that Shaun Bradley might be just as good at mlb and can be had much later in rd 3-4.

Michael Pinkney is also a beast OLB who Iike with killer speed, Davion Taylor already met with the team and Willie Gay jr ran a 4.4. Might last until rd 6-7.

Last edited:
What about the guy from Memphis (?) ?
Gibson's 31 inch arms at that height probably guarantees that he will be a rb on the next level.

There aren't too many 6'2 wrs with arms that Short.

He is still hard to project as a receiving back at this point because he didn't catch many passes out of the backfield that i see.

CEH is a very good back for today’s NFL, and I think he may not make it to the Saints pick in the third. He’s Aaron Jones, but unlike Jones he got to show what he could do in a prolific NFL equivalent offense while in college and still has relatively low tread.

Seems like a player that the NFL will value more than the media. Wouldn’t be surprised if he goes late 2nd. He’s the much better player than Killins IMO.

We'll have to disagree on that one. MJD coming out of UCLA was about 25lbs lighter than he was later in his career. Wish I could find some highlights from his days at UCLA. Tough as nails, could catch and was a pain to bring down. As he added weight in the NFL his legs got hute and he was like tackling a bag of quickrete.

Im a Jags fan so I remember MJD’s rookie season pretty well. He’s thicker than CEH his rookie season. He definitely got bigger later in his career. I love CEH but MJD was super explosive. Ungodly strength and speed.

Reggie Bush Clone Adrian Killins (estimated 4.28 40 yard dash)

Or Pierre Thomas/Darren Sproles clone Clyde Edwards Hillaire (4.6 40 yard dash like Pierre Thomas)

My answer is Alvin Kamara.

If you're asking about getting a second back who can replicate some of that skill set in case he needs a breather / in case of injury, then I think the team would also need them to be dynamite on special teams coverage, as well as cheap.

What about the guy from Memphis (?) ?
Or did you mean Kenneth Gainwell?

He led all rbs last year in receiving yards and even had a 300 yard all purpose game.

Travis Etienne was also 4th in receiving for rbs just behind CEH.

I know this thread is about lightning, but I think there are more chances for the saints to look for thunder.

There are great options on both types of running backs, and I think the choice may be depending on how much the Saints think they can spend on Alvin Kamara.

For some reason, I think that if there is a surprise in the draft, is for the Saints to pick Jonathan Taylor in the first round. He is the kind of player Sean Payton sets his eyes on: powerful, versatile, blocker, consistent, leader.

Not by his style of playing, but he reminds me as a person as the type of leader Mark Ingram was when he left Alabama.

I know this thread is about lightning, but I think there are more chances for the saints to look for thunder.

There are great options on both types of running backs, and I think the choice may be depending on how much the Saints think they can spend on Alvin Kamara.

For some reason, I think that if there is a surprise in the draft, is for the Saints to pick Jonathan Taylor in the first round. He is the kind of player Sean Payton sets his eyes on: powerful, versatile, blocker, consistent, leader.

Not by his style of playing, but he reminds me as a person as the type of leader Mark Ingram was when he left Alabama.

I wouldn't be surprised at all. The Saints had Ricky Williams...drafted Deuce McAllister. They have Deuce McAllister...drafted Reggie Bush. They had Reggie Bush...traded him...drafted Mark Ingram. Had Mark Ingram...drafted Alvin Kamara.

The position is a revolving door, as it should be. The average RB is going only to have about 4 years of success...so it makes little sense to invest in one after the first contract, especially for big money. RB is one of the few positions that you know what you have right away...you get instant production out of a rookie that doesn't necessarily need to be drafted in the 1st round.

I really like Kamara. Not as much as I did last offseason. He handled his injury pretty poorly...and injury is part of the game. He's not a guy I'd be thrilled about throwing $100 million at. I think that there is a good chance that there will be some team out there who does it. I personally rather draft a RB in the mid rounds, take the drop off and invest that money into retaining key starters are more important position.

Or did you mean Kenneth Gainwell?

He led all rbs last year in receiving yards and even had a 300 yard all purpose game.

Travis Etienne was also 4th in receiving for rbs just behind CEH.

I liked Etienne, very surprised that he stayed in school. I like Hubbard of OK State too.

I actually thought they could push Dobbins to 88.

I agree with the assessment. Ideally, you utilize Kamara more as a “satellite” back and ask him to carry the ball between the tackles way less. Last year showed that Kamara is at his best without volume. Latavius Murray was admirable for a few games but ultimately he’s not the best compliment.

I would love Jonathan Taylor on this offense. I also really like Zack Moss in that role. His ability to break tackles is insane. Reminds me a lot of David Montgomery, who was okay as a rookie but would be much better if his offense was as good as New Orleans’.

Looked for the instalike from HogsnSaints to this post, was not disappointed ?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom