Pregame intros at Superdome yesterday (1 Viewer)

Saintsphere

1 day I'll add a second Lombardi to my pic. 1 day.
Reaction score
What was up with the pregame stuff yesterday?

Why was the national anthem done before the players came out? (I'm assuming the teams were taking to long to come out or the Southern Band had to hurry and do it)

Then the Bengals came out, but their offense stayed back expecting our PA announcer to announce their starting offense. But they just stood there for about a minute, then our PA guy finally comes in and says, "And here's the Bengals starting offense" while they all came out probably confused as hell.

Then they played our pregame intro video.

But our players aren't even ready yet. Heck, our team finally came out about 2 minutes after the video was played and about 1 minute into that Chicago Bulls theme song we get introduced to.

Finally, the offense and special teams come out, and then we finally announce our starting defense about one minute later.

The whole thing seemed so messy and unorganized. The crowd really couldn't get into it because half the time we were confused about what the hell was going on.

Come on pre game workers, we can do a better job than that.

yeah i agree it seemed disorganized, the southern band was still on the feild when he announced the bengals starters, the re announced it when the band cleared, then they stated the saints intro vid, then stopped it after a couple secs, the started it again a min or 2 later...

kind of a foreshadowing of what was to come..

i remember a few years ago at a carolina game in the dome, the flag guys were out of order, so they ran out with "S-T-A-I-N-S" spelled, the p.a. was feeding back something fierce..that was the game that the official "interfered" with joe horn on the long bomb...

Last edited:
Not yet. There's the old ones from the previous seasons on our official website though.

I'm soooooooooo frustrated at this news! As a Entertainment Industry Film and Sound geek myself and having (in my former life growiing up in N.O.) been a DJ for years in the Quarters, @ the Lakefront when it was "Happening" out there and then in Fat City when Fat City was the shiznit, I can tell you all that with music and audio/video technology of today, they should be able to whip the crowd into a rabid lather for the opening of each and every Home Game!

I'll never forget just how GREAT , something so simple and wornout as Gary Glitter's "Hey!" sounded at the first Falcon's game on that first opening Monday Night Game! Now, I've(we've) heard that song maybe 1 Billion X's but never had it sounded so INSPIRING and WONDERFULLY motivating as at that time. See, it's what you play and WHEN you play it with the timing being the critical key! I ( and I would bet JOEOKC would be too ) all too happy and on a Heavenly Cloud if given this opportunity! Heck, I'd do it for FREE or if they would fly me in for all of the Dome Games to Stage the audio/video! SWEET! Anyway, There is no excuse WHY, having the control of 60K+ fans inside one of the Modern Wonders of the World shouldn't be an experience of the mind, spirit, body and soul! Imagine, lights fully OUT! Then, strobe the whole building, putting those on the edge, into various forms and kinds of seizures, then using music and then Golden lights mixed with Lights OUT and "follow spots" and various other techniques, bring the crowd to their feet and bring our boys out like LIONS into the Coliseum of ROME! Sweet Mercy ME! Dare I say, we could be the most entertaining intro in Sport History? YOU BET!

No reason why not! Wouldn't cost much if done thoughtfully!
Come on folks! The City is born from thrills and entertainment, music and PIZZAZ! It's our heritage! Someone needs to step up to the plate and not be afraid to swing away!

Where do I submit my Resume' for that job?
I'd approach it with such a SICK perspective it would blow minds! Fans would come from other teams just to SEE it!

Remember when @ one of the Superbowls or maybe it was just a Monday Night Game , something caught on FIRE in the old Gondola or somewhere up high and it fell to the turf and some guy with a broom or shovel or some such had to come out and put it out and pick all the debris up? CLASSIC! Why US? Always US!

God I love New Orleans!

There was a lot of FUBAR'g going on with audio levels, graphics, music selection/timing, blase, blase. There were times I could barely hear the "inspirational" music and then the commercials would literally blast my ears out. I'm telling you, I will specifically NOT shop at Winn Dixie or watch the golf tourney and whatever else just because I'm sick and tired of having their ads forced on me at eardrum piercing levels at a game I paid nearly $100 to be there. That's insane to play them that loud.

There was a lot of FUBAR'g going on with audio levels, graphics, music selection/timing, blase, blase. There were times I could barely hear the "inspirational" music and then the commercials would literally blast my ears out. I'm telling you, I will specifically NOT shop at Winn Dixie or watch the golf tourney and whatever else just because I'm sick and tired of having their ads forced on me at eardrum piercing levels at a game I paid nearly $100 to be there. That's insane to play them that loud.

Agree with you. The blaring ads are nearly unbearable. The Winn-Dixie ad with the lady playing guitar and screeching haunts my dreams, and the "Please be quiet" spot is plain old fashioned mentally challenged to play at an NFL game.

Also not mentioned is the fact that no official can be understood when he's calling out penalties (might just be because I sit up so high). But it sucks because I can't hear the foul and who it was called on.

Someone needs to address the audio in the Dome. It (the inside) looks all fancy and the field looks good, but the audio is terrible.

Agree with you. The blaring ads are nearly unbearable. The Winn-Dixie ad with the lady playing guitar and screeching haunts my dreams, and the "Please be quiet" spot is plain old fashioned mentally challenged to play at an NFL game.

Also not mentioned is the fact that no official can be understood when he's calling out penalties (might just be because I sit up so high). But it sucks because I can't hear the foul and who it was called on.

Someone needs to address the audio in the Dome. It (the inside) looks all fancy and the field looks good, but the audio is terrible.

I'm HERE for the SAINTS! Should I get them to fly me in to see what I could do for them? Sounds like they desperately need help. I'm available to step in and make the experiences something that will set your arm and neck hair jumping with emotion as we create something maagical and wonderfully anticipatory for the fans.

Who do I call for that interview?

I would pay another $10 per ticket for them to do away with all sound/music at any and all sporting events. Sorry, I just can't stand it.

it seems it would be a good idea for all the people who didn't like the audio to send a e-mail to the saints in addition to posting it here.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom