Pregame ritual (1 Viewer)

wowatkin

The People's Champ
Reaction score
I'm sure this thread has been started before, but I was curious how many of us have pregame rituals when watching the game on tv?? Personally, I don my Deuce jersey and fleur-de-lis Saints Mardi Gras Beads. Then I listen to the pregame report on WWL until about 11:55. Right before kickoff, to settle the knot in my stomach, I do a little shadow boxing. Finally, right on kickoff, I say "Get 'em boys!"
I'm sure it's all nonsense, but it's my way of coping for nearly 3 hours. Plus, I've been doing it so long that I don't want to stop it and jinx the whole operation.
Love to hear any other pregame rituals out there....
BEAT THE FALCONS!!!

Being that I am in Korea I have probably have one of the strangest Sunday/gameday rituals/game prep. I make sure that I have my uniform ironed, everything in place for Monday morning by 5:30pm Sun. I then get into bed at 6:00pm, try to get to sleep by 8:00pm. Alarm wakes me at 2:45am, shower, game begins at 3:00am. Watch game and to work by 0700. I also order a 4 piece white meat spicy Popeyes chicken dinner with cajun rice and red beans and rice as sides. They actually have a Popeyes here on base that delivers. There is not even a Popeyes in Spokane, so I will miss that when I return. I order it on Sunday afternoon. Put it in my fridge and eat it while wathing the game.

Man, I cannot wait to get back to the states.

Last edited:
AKSaintsFan - wow.

when i lived in shreveport and they were actually showing the game I would fix chips and salsa.

now that im in SC, i hardly ever get the game on, and I work night shift at a hotel, so i usually dont wake up till 3 or 4 the next day.

Me, i get up around 9:00. Watch alittle espn pregame show. Then at about 9:50 I go and take a shower. the TV switches to FOX, watch their pregame show while I vaccume the living room. If I see anything about the Saints I stop. At about 10:45 I put on my Jersey and make sure everyone is ready for the kickoff. At the kick off I say here we go, lets do this!!!!!!!!

Well usually I have Sundays off, but this week I'll be wearing my NEW "Be A Saint" t-shirt under my work shirt. At exactly 12 noon, I'm gonna touch the fleur de lis logo.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom