Pregnant mother forced to give up IVF baby after doctors gave her wrong embryo (1 Viewer)

SWJJ

moar bink ball
Reaction score
A pregnant mother will have to give birth to another couple's baby after a blunder by an IVF clinic.
Carolyn Savage had the wrong embryos implanted into her and will have to give the boy up to his biological parents as soon as he is born.
Yesterday Mrs Savage, 40, who was expecting her fourth child with husband Sean, said: 'The hardest part is going to be the delivery. I remember communicating with the [unnamed] mother of this child as to what I was envisioning and hoping for.

'I said, "We want a moment to say hello, and goodbye".
'In the beginning we were really scared of that moment and it is still scary. We are trying to mentally frame it in a positive way and look at it as a gift for this family that eight months ago we didn't know.
'I think that is the only way we'll get through it.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/wor...n-Savage-implanted-WRONG-embryo-IVF-baby.html

How horrible for this family.

I suspect a major civil case coming...

I wish they would write the name of the clinic... That is just so horrible on so many levels. Actually, early enough this could have sparked another abortion firestorm.

There is two ways to look at it I guess. One you are having to give up the child you are carrying for 9 months that you thought to be yours. And even though not biologically yours, you still will be attached to the baby.

On the other hand, you are giving something to another family who may not have been able to do on their own, as these procedures do not work for everyone.

Tough situation either way, and yes I would expect a huge civil suit against the clinic. What a screw up.

Big money coming her way. These medical blunders always amaze me. How many people had to drop the ball for this to happen?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom