premade Roux in a jar question - Savoie (1 Viewer)

If you're going to use that canned stuff, you should just pour all your canned chicken stock in the pot with your sauteed veg and add the roux as it's boiling till you get as thick as you want.
i only use stock

let me start by saying, i don't really care for rice, well regular rice by itself. it tastes like flavourless pieces of whatever trying to be an accent to foods like chinese/asian food. pointless.

gumbo (seafood and chicken & andouille) are examples of my absolute favourite foods i love. i like rice with them, and also jambalaya. neither rice is flavourless. both rice dishes have a full flavour, making them fantastic. otherwise, rice that is plain (even drenched with soy) is just not worth my palette.

let me start by saying, i don't really care for rice, well regular rice by itself. it tastes like flavourless pieces of whatever trying to be an accent to foods like chinese/asian food. pointless.

gumbo (seafood and chicken & andouille) are examples of my absolute favourite foods i love. i like rice with them, and also jambalaya. neither rice is flavourless. both rice dishes have a full flavour, making them fantastic. otherwise, rice that is plain (even drenched with soy) is just not worth my palette.

Rice is one of the most delicious foods on earth, but it has to be cooked properly and you have to use salt for it to have any flavor.

Rice is one of the most delicious foods on earth, but it has to be cooked properly and you have to use salt for it to have any flavor.
i don't like rice (well, most rice), but i do enjoy it with the right meal.

i'll eat it with gumbo, jambalaya, some other dishes, but white rice? not a huge fan, at least as a semi-complement to other foods. chinese food is a good example. i'd rather eat honey shrimp without rice, spicy pork, hunan, etc. without it.

i'll eat it with gumbo, jambalaya, some other dishes, but white rice? not a huge fan, at least as a semi-complement to other foods. chinese food is a good example. i'd rather eat honey shrimp without rice, spicy pork, hunan, etc. without it.
it totally takes the experience away.

Thats twice. It’s palate, damnit.

Funny. I don't particularly want rice with gumbo, but white rice on its own as a side is one of my favorites. And I'm not talking about uncle ben's modified jacked up instarice. Real live rice that takes 30 minutes to cook or properly done sushi rice with the bottom crispy brown....

Oh, I forgot. Is Honey Shrimp really Chinese food?

Funny. I don't particularly want rice with gumbo, but white rice on its own as a side is one of my favorites. And I'm not talking about uncle ben's modified jacked up instarice. Real live rice that takes 30 minutes to cook or properly done sushi rice with the bottom crispy brown....

honey shrimp is the bomb dot com. chinese or not.

You ever tried potato salad in your gumbo?

Generic white rice is pretty worthless. Black and French red rice are spectacular rices. Jasmine and bismati are my go to rices generally. But after talking and eating and drinking way too much wine with a friend of mine paella rice is incredible and becoming a favorite to use as it absorbs way more flavor in a dish than any other rice I’ve cooked with.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom