Premier League '21-'22 Season (1 Viewer)

With Jota in top form where does that leave Firmino
I think with all the cups, Champions League, etc., all four front men are going to see plenty of the field.

And he just signed a nice contract last year. I don't think he's going anywhere.

My son (who is a massive MU fan) thinks it will be an expensive unnecessary signing. Ronaldo is 35 years old, he is not the same player, still effective and will score goals but he has maybe 2 decent years left....

My son (who is a massive MU fan) thinks it will be an expensive unnecessary signing. Ronaldo is 35 years old, he is not the same player, still effective and will score goals but he has maybe 2 decent years left....

United need goals.

United need goals.
Missing Rashford for extended period hurts. Plus i dont think CR will play full 90 game in game out.

HOWEVER,

WELCOME HOME CR!!!!!

Just elevated the whole squad with this signing. Out of nowhere too.

CR came on for Juve v Udinese this past weekend in the 68th min.

goal was ultimately disallowed due to offsides ( which i think was REAAAAALY tight ) but this is what he can provide, even at 35. He isnt the same as 27 ( athletically - being able to run for 90 min ) , but his savvy and skill make up for that. Surround a player like CR with other great players, and he will be successful.

CR came on for Juve v Udinese this past weekend in the 68th min.

goal was ultimately disallowed due to offsides ( which i think was REAAAAALY tight ) but this is what he can provide, even at 35. He isnt the same as 27 ( athletically - being able to run for 90 min ) , but his savvy and skill make up for that. Surround a player like CR with other great players, and he will be successful.

I'm not really arguing that he can't play anymore, he obviously can....but MU has a host of young players that need experience. He is going to be taking minutes from someone....

I'm not really arguing that he can't play anymore, he obviously can....but MU has a host of young players that need experience. He is going to be taking minutes from someone....

Not many- i see him as a situational player. Sancho will get his. Rashford too.

But there is no current young player on the roster that can come in the game in the 70th and take a 30 yd FK and score in the 72nd.

Daniel James maybe needs to fret a bit, but his playin time has been limited in last 18 months anyway.

And we havent seen the terms of the contract yet...but reports are its 2 years. Thru 2023 season.

They're in a win now mode (as they should be - big clubs are almost always in that position but it's been a little while for MU). I think he makes them better, perhaps significantly.

They're in a win now mode (as they should be - big clubs are almost always in that position but it's been a little while for MU). I think he makes them better, perhaps significantly.

We will see what happens, going to be interesting for sure....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom